Real Estate
Sponsored by

Houston Home Warranty

837 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by aggieswmr04
coolerguy12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm sure this has been hashed out before but I'm looking for recs on a home warranty company in north Houston. Personally I think these are a huge scam but my realtor tells me I can't just take the cash so I may as well get one.

House has 3 AC units, typical appliances, and a pool.

Has anyone had a good experience with these companies where they don't try to weasel out of every repair? On my last house I found it easier to just make the repair myself than to pay the deductible to have a slimy contractor put a bandaid on it or tell me it wasn't covered.
Martin Q. Blank
Find one that will refund your money if you're not satisfied. Day after closing, get a refund.
coolerguy12
AG
I like that idea.

Anyone actually have a good experience on these?
sts7049
AG
i used old republic previously. i was able to get them to pay me cash for a claim so i could get who i wanted to do the repairs, which as far as i'm concerned is the only value to be had from any of these companies.
aggieswmr04
I have used AHS, First American, Old Republic and One Guard. One Guard has been the best by far then Old Republic. AHS was terrible and First American we about sued over no A/C in the middle of summer.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.