Real Estate
Sponsored by

Stucco

1,018 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Absolute
Foamcows
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Seriously, this stuff is everywhere. I can't comprehend why it is so popular in our climate?

It requires upkeep that nobody seems to pay attention to. It is rarely installed properly, which means around the 10 yr mark the water damage on the inside finally gets bad enough to show up on the outside. Many insurance companies refuse to insure houses with stucco because of the previous issues.

I just cant comprehend why almost 80% of the new construction still uses it. It was nearly impossible to find a new build without it in our recent house search.
p_bubel
EIFS or actual Stucco?

I generally hate both, either way. Real stucco, if done right and in the right context very less so.
Foamcows
AG
Nowadays, its rarely 100% real, if anything its a blend of real in the large sections, and the EIFS on the rest, or architectural elements.

In my previous house we had over 30k in stucco repairs just on one single wall. Luckily we found this before closing, and the seller paid the bill. Whats weird about the damage on the previous house is even though it was a blend of real stucco on the front, and EIFS on the overhangs, the water was penetrating where the real stucco was and the EIFS at the bottom was preventing it from ever escaping.
Diggity
AG
Buyers like it
PFG
AG
HOAs force it with "homes must be X% or more masonry. No siding."

All stone gets pricey, so stucco it is.
Absolute
AG
I hate it around dfw. Almost always have iwnts get a specialized. Stucco inspection after mine. Would not own it here.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.