Real Estate
Sponsored by

I got a letter

3,345 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by The Fife
rocket502
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I live in southwest Dallas County in a 4 BR 2 BA house that was built in 1996. I've owned the house for nine years. I received a letter from a real estate company recently stating that they have a client that has been pre-approved to make me a "full market offer" for my house. The company owner looked at my house last weekend. Have any of you seen this angle before?

I had a phone conversation with him today. He said something about putting a sign that in my yard. Why does he want to put a sign in my yard if he has a buyer?
aezmvp
Probably trying for a full 6%. Anyone else?
AgResearch
AG
Just fishing to find someone willing to sell their house.
gig em 02
All of your neighbors got the same letter, hth
Garrelli 5000
AG
IMO, any realtor randomly contacting me when my home is/was not listed for sale, stating they have a buyer, is shady.

If they are serious i believe they have access to find the realtor I used to purchase the home and they can reach out to them.

They're trolls just like the random emails you get at work trying to sell you data storage "list of people" relevant to your industry. Emails beginning "Hi Adam Ag 98, you we haven't spoken in a few weeks..."
The Fife
gig em 02 said:

This.

I could just about wallpaper a room with all the letters like that I've gotten.
CS78
It's just fishing for listings. It's a common technique in hot markets. He doesn't have a buyer but he knows he can get one pretty dam fast if all he can do is find a listing. If he's been too shady to explain this then I would look elsewhere for a realtor.
akaggie05
AG
Yep, I get that crap in the mail nearly every day now (far N Dallas). Also have started getting phone calls from realtors asking if I'm interested in selling soon or if I know anyone else in the area who is.
rocket502
AG
Thanks for the info.
p_bubel
The Fife said:

gig em 02 said:

This.

****. I'm getting phone calls now, and not pre-recorded junk calls either. It's annoying. I have zero clue how they got my number at this point.
94chem
Quote:

Probably trying for a full 6%. Anyone else?
My guess is that you're dealing with the actual buyer. They want to get a verbal agreement, perhaps with some minimal documentation, to prove that they are representing you. Then they want to represent themselves as the buyer's agent. That way they can get a 6% commission paid to themselves. This is shady, but I believe it is legal. Seller beware - even if you are doing FSBO, you can still be legally obligated to pay 6% commission - to the BUYER - if you aren't careful.
dpryor
AG
It is most likely a Real Estate Agent fishing for listings. This is a farming technique taught be some real estate 'gurus'. He will get you to sign a listing agreement offering to cut his commission IF he brings the buyer. Once you sign, he will tell you the buyer he had for your home settled on another property and then proceed with the listing as normal to find 'another' buyer. I am a REALTOR in DFW, and I do not agree with these types of techniques. I think it is fundamentally dishonest, and you should not begin any business relationship on that foundation. I prefer to build my business primarily through referrals and service to a true need rather than trying to convince someone they need to sell or buy when they aren't even currently considering it. Unfortunately because the market is hot in DFW, there are many shady or just plain bad agents out there giving the rest of us a bad rap.

Here is my website for anyone that may know someone looking to sell or buy in DFW.
http://www.dougpryorREALTOR.com
I promise I will treat them with the utmost respect and integrity, true to the Aggie Code of Honor!
BearJew13
AG
Only thing that would obligate you to paying anything to a realtor/broker is a listing agreement or commission agreement.
Diggity
AG
Yeah, I'm not sure what he's talking about.
The Fife
p_bubel said:

The Fife said:

gig em 02 said:

This.

****. I'm getting phone calls now, and not pre-recorded junk calls either. It's annoying. I have zero clue how they got my number at this point.
Just wait, if Bexar county is like ours they'll start showing up at your front door once they start looking at property tax records. Especially if you have multiple properties. Answering the door with a crying toddler (set off by the dog going nuts at someone ringing the front door) makes them GTFO pretty quick.
redass1876
AG
The Fife said:

. Answering the door with a crying toddler (set off by the dog going nuts at someone ringing the front door) makes them GTFO pretty quick.
yeah, but at that point I just want to kick their teeth in
The Fife
redass1876 said:

The Fife said:

. Answering the door with a crying toddler (set off by the dog going nuts at someone ringing the front door) makes them GTFO pretty quick.
yeah, but at that point I just want to kick their teeth in
Since ours has a rapidly developing "personality" yeah, I feel the same way about pretty much anything that wakes him up these days.

Then we get to go through it again before long since we want 2 kids.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.