Real Estate
Sponsored by

Cost to build ITL Houston.

2,006 Views | 23 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by WestUAg
the4aces
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
How much per square foot would it cost to build in the loop? West u area town home. 2500 sq foot lot
Premium
AG
$350?
Wodanaz
AG
To live in or flip/sell? You can go straight builder grade finishes for $100-$120/ft. If you're going to live there & want a higher end build, you can easily double that. Lots of factors in this question.
jja79
AG
I think it would depend on what you're building.
SnowboardAg
AG
Including the lot in the build cost or not? Without lot, I've heard 125 basic to 160 mid grade. You can obviously go much greater than that
MAS444
AG
I'd be surprised if you could do anything decently nice for much lower than 150.
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
Unless you are the contractor I'd be shocked for less than $200
Cody 91
AG
Just participated in an investment in Bellaire. Built for $156. Not a top end set of finishes, but definitely nice. Much better finishes upstairs, while little extra upstairs.
bkag9824
AG
Cody 91 said:

Just participated in an investment in Bellaire. Built for $156. Not a top end set of finishes, but definitely nice. Much better finishes upstairs, while little extra upstairs.

What type of permit/inspections are required for Bellaire?

Not sure if your investment needed it, but what kind of additional cost do the taller foundations incur?

May inherit a lot just inside 610, between Bissonnet & Bellaire, having a hard time reconciling the fact that we could build a 3k' house for not much more per foot than the burbs.
MAS444
AG
I know of a few people that have built in heights area for less than 200/ft. Buddy of mine builds all over itl and memorial area and is frequently under 200. So it can definitely be done.
WestUAg
AG
Message me and I will see if I can help...lots of variables can take
You from 125 sq ft to 200 sq ft. I build
In both west u and bellaire and can show you examples of both and their price points.
Chris@robersonbuilding.com
Cody 91
AG
Roberson you're building on my street - Compton Cir. Stop by and meet me; I'm in the yellow house same side.
Cody 91
AG
Honestly my partner did all the permits but that's the second home I've built in a Bellaire and one house took 17 months all-in because it rained every day and this one took less than 12. I haven't found the permitting to be the problem. City folks in Bellaire make themselves accessible and explain what they want if you fail.
bkag9824
AG
Thanks, but was more referring to the cost of any specific Bellaire permits on top of or compared to CoH. No clue how permitting/inspecting works for Bellaire.
Cody 91
AG
Sorry, I missed the point. I'll run that down for you.
Cody 91
AG
My partner said COH is slightly cheaper, but negligible.
88jrt06
AG
the4aces said:

How much per square foot would it cost to build in the loop? West u area town home. 2500 sq foot lot
What happened to the other half of the original lot? Subdivided long ago or? Is it developed?
Will the original lot then have two free-standing town homes...one by you? I assume not connected...
Is it in a cluster of t'homes (cul-de-sac, etc.) or just facing the street? If in a cluster, how's access for crane, etc.?
Any HOAs here?
aw08
How much does land cost $/sf in westu? I have a lead on an old house that's sitting on a 5000sqft lot off Milton. I've heard anywhere between $100-120. Just looking for other opinions...
bkag9824
AG
Thanks.
Cody 91
AG
A house on University (two streets south of Milton) just traded off-market for 118/sq ft lot.
88jrt06
AG
It's at least 100/sf for dirt, WestU or not, minus lousy plots.
I'm sure 200 for the best.

WestU is a sip trust-fund enclave, with Med Ctr. Asians, etc.
lining up. Want to live around spoiled trust-fund sips?
Let the Asians have it. I could move there tomorrow or could have 20 years ago... no way. You can do better.
And spend less. If you're an Ag.
Cody 91
AG
The t-sip enclave comment is so true.
HeightsAg
88jrt06 said:

It's at least 100/sf for dirt, WestU or not, minus lousy plots.
I'm sure 200 for the best.

WestU is a sip trust-fund enclave, with Med Ctr. Asians, etc.
lining up. Want to live around spoiled trust-fund sips?
Let the Asians have it. I could move there tomorrow or could have 20 years ago... no way. You can do better.
And spend less. If you're an Ag.

Do people really let where their neighbors go to school influence their purchasing decision? Might just be me but that seems ridiculous.
88jrt06
AG
There are probably 50 plus influences...named one I've noticed.
It would be ridiculous to choose a single one. Obviously.
WestUAg
AG
aw08 said:

How much does land cost $/sf in westu? I have a lead on an old house that's sitting on a 5000sqft lot off Milton. I've heard anywhere between $100-120. Just looking for other opinions...
aw08, a lot of depends on what block you are in...some are more desirable than others. my email is posted above in this thread, message me and I will see what I can do to help and maybe buy it if you're interested in selling.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.