Real Estate
Sponsored by

Lender question

1,041 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by CapitalFarmCredit
Copa515
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm purchasing acreage that has a house but the value of the land is a lot more than the house. (The tax appraisal for the land is about 280k and house is 65k). Are there any options for less than a 20% down payment? I can put 20% down if I have to, but I was wondering if there are any other options so I can save some more cash to renovate the house.
SteveBott
AG
Most likely you need to go with a farm/ranch lender. For conventional loan that loan higher the home needs to be around 35% or more of total value. You could survey out the home but not sure if the numbers will work.
Copa515
AG
Thanks for the info.
SteveBott
AG
How many acres?
Copa515
AG
SteveBott
AG
I just don't see it. You can carve out 10 acres and the house and get to100k for the land and 65k house, but need 190k for the additional parcel needing a land lender.

Go land lender with one loan and upgrade the house best you can.
Copa515
AG
Thanks
CapitalFarmCredit
Sponsor
Call your local Capital Farm Credit office.
Sponsor Message:Whether looking to become a rural land owner, buy that ideal hunting property or finance your farm or ranching operation- with Capital Farm Credit, you're covered.
And our patronage dividend program means we share our profits and put money back in your pocket.

Together we’re better. Call 877-944-5500 or visit https://www.capitalfarmcredit.com/ to find out how.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.