Real Estate
Sponsored by

Lender - Chase Bank - Sapphire Reserve Bonus

1,861 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by AggieinOhio
Tonyperkis
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone have experience working directly with Chase bank for getting a loan? They are offering 100,000 points for sapphire reserve card holders:

https://www.chase.com/personal/home-lending/mortgage/sapphire_std2?SourceCode=RBRUR1&jp_aid=hf/UR/int/RBRUR1/RetailMB

I've always used brokers instead, but 100,000 points is intriguing. That's worth at least $1,500 and could be a lot more depending on the strategic use of the points.
Bitter Old Man
AG
It will be the worst experience of your life. It will probably cost you more than $1,500 over what some of the brokers on this site could get you.
Tonyperkis
AG
What are the big differences between big bank and other brokers?
Jay@AgsReward.com
Sponsor
AG
I am of course biased but any lender that frequents this board will save you well over 1500 dollars in real dollars in the form of direct closing costs and better interest rate over time. I would wager at least 2 if not 3 times that over say a 5 year period. That is not to mention I would be willing to be that anyone here would deliver a much better experience.
SoTheySay
S
Do you like yourself? Do you like your spouse? Do you like a house? Those things are all worth more than those points.
Tonyperkis said:

What are the big differences between big bank and other brokers?

The biggest one, in my opinion is that Jay just offered to help you within a few minutes of the OP. If you want to contact him you can call, private message, post on here, text him, or email him and he'll respond because he's eager to help you and he has a reputation to uphold. The big banks on the other hand don't give two craps about you--you are literally just a number to them. So have fun screaming OPERATOR or REPRESENTATIVE or REAL PERSON into the machine that picks up when you dial a 1-800 number.

Finally, ask Jay how many times he opened fake accounts for clients like WFC did. Or how many times he Robo-signed and fraudulently created affidavits in foreclosure proceedings like WFC, Citi, Chase, and BOA did.

Tonyperkis
AG
Haha, point taken guys. I figured as much, but just needed that extra confirmation to not dig deeper into it.

Out of curiosity, what is the advantage independent brokers have that allow them to be able to beat Big Bank rates?
Tonyperkis said:

Haha, point taken guys. I figured as much, but just needed that extra confirmation to not dig deeper into it.

Out of curiosity, what is the advantage independent brokers have that allow them to be able to beat Big Bank rates?

People like Jay aren't paying billion dollar fines for defrauding the American public. Nor are they making Jamie Dimon money. Bloated overhead is the real reason.
Tonyperkis
AG
Makes sense. Thanks for the feedback. I actually used Jay for my first house years ago and he was great!

I don't know what it's like to go through a Big Bank, but it sounds like a lesson you don't ever need to learn for yourself.
AggieinOhio
AG
Just wanted to offer an alternate experience with Chase. We have our current mortgage through Chase (just under 3 years ago) and are working with them again on a new mortgage. Both times they were significantly lower total cost than other quotes we got (new loan .25 lower than every other quote + they are giving us a very nice credit towards our closing costs).

No 1-800 number asking for 'agent'. Both times we have a local mortgage representative that has worked very hard, been very proactive, and have certainly given us no reason to second guess our choice to go with Chase.

Current loan closed on time with no issues from Chase side.

Our experiences may be the exception, but I just wanted to offer a different perspective.
texrover91
AG
What size loan & Where are you buying?

I've got a source for "chase" rates without the "chase" (no sapphire points tho)

I don't have any experience with Chase, but from our experience with BB&T, I can't imagine any big bank is worth the hassle

Olag00
AG
I am also with Chase and had no issues and they matched anything I could find plus added other incentives. We built our house and there were builder incentives to use Wells Fargo but Chase matched everything Wells Fargo was offering. At time of closing, I misread the HUD1 and had a cashiers check of almost 5k ready to give to title company, but turns out it was a refund to me. Never had a refund when buying a house before. The plan I am on also gives you cash back every year towards your mortgage principle or it can be cash into your checking account. It only comes out to around $200 a year on my mortgage but anything is something.

We did an 80/20/10 loan and Chase's portion was around 386k.
Post removed:
by user
Tonyperkis
AG
Do you have a lender recommendation?
Deats99
AG
I will obviously offer up myself, but you really cannot go wrong with Me, Bott, JJ, or Agsreward, These are the guys that I have competed with on here for years, and believe me, as vocal as TexAgs is about good experiences, they are equally so on bad ones.
A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week.
-George S Patton
ktownag08
AG
I'm on house 4, and the only bad experience I've ever had was a big bank. I used Jay for our first home, a small local lender for 3, and builder lender for 4 without a hitch.

My second home I had to use a big bank due to corp relo. It was AWFUL. Bank of America handed me off to 3 different reps throughout the course of the transaction, stopped contacting me for ~2 weeks (rep quit), missed a closing due to their error, tried to increase my interest rate when they were reason we missed closing, and were all around just rude throughout much of the process. In the end, I got a call from North American VP apologizing and he made things right (likely because my company used them so often), but I will never again use a big bank unless I'm forced to for corp move.

AggieinOhio
AG
We are in Ohio and relocating back to Texas. Our representative from Chase for our TX purchase is local to us in Ohio. I'm not sure if you would need / want someone local to your area?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.