Real Estate
Sponsored by

Advise for new real estate agent

1,575 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by gig em 02
Rusty GCS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My wife started working for Keller Williams a month ago (we are in Louisiana). What advice do any of you have for a new agent?

Thanks in advance for the help!!!

*cant edit title typo
Know1
AG
Give me a shout and I'll help where I can.
voorheesdn
AG
Feel free to have her shoot me an email. david@voorheesteam.com. I'm with KW in Austin and glad to spend some time.
mazag08
AG
Join a team, master your role, offer to go above and beyond. Once she feels like she has a good grasp on the job and the industry, as well as a base of referrals who will follow her, the she can go out on her own.
Deats99
AG
Get a good lender and title agent in LA that understands that state's alternative(King's Law) way of doing things.
A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week.
-George S Patton
aezmvp
Both MazzAg and Dee's gave great advice.
coop-aero-06
AG
Do NOT start cold calling friends who you haven't spoken to in 5-10 years asking them if they, or anyone they know of, is looking to buy a house.

I've had a few acquaintances do this to me and my wife over the years when they got into real estate.
Deats99
AG
coop-aero-06 said:

Do NOT start cold calling friends who you haven't spoken to in 5-10 years asking them if they, or anyone they know of, is looking to buy a house.

I've had a few acquaintances do this to me and my wife over the years when they got into real estate.
Wouldn't you want to help your friends out?
A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week.
-George S Patton
mazag08
AG
Deats99 said:

coop-aero-06 said:

You will get a couple. The rest will add you to the do not answer list and your family will start dreading family events where they know you will be attempting your sales pitch to them.
Deats99
AG
mazag08 said:

Deats99 said:

coop-aero-06 said:

You will get a couple. The rest will add you to the do not answer list and your family will start dreading family events where they know you will be attempting your sales pitch to them.
Never said they should start with family. That generally is "no bueno"
-George S Patton
coop-aero-06
AG
Deats99 said:

coop-aero-06 said:

Calling an old friend out of the clear blue sky and wanting to catch up on life, and casually mentioning that you're now in real estate I have no problem with.

But doing the same thing and jumping straight into your sales pitch just bothers me. In this case, I told the friend that I don't even live in Texas anymore so they couldn't help me. Then they proceeded to ask about my parents and whether they were looking to sell their house, and if I could possibly name 3 other people who may be in the market that she could call. My advice would be to not do that crap.
gig em 02
Being a realtor is a long term investment. If you take a $1,000 cut in your commission to help a client close a deal then 5 years later you may be helping that client sell their old house and buy a new one (and hopefully pick up a referral or two from them in the meantime)
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.