Real Estate
Sponsored by

Selling 25% Interest in Texas property

1,377 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by joerobert_pete06
joerobert_pete06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Hello

I am currently in a situation where my sisters and I own a 25% interest in a multi-family property down in South Padre and we are looking to sell this interest to a family member. Is there a particular form or contract I should use to document this transaction. '

thanks in advance
Bitter Old Man
AG
With partial interests, I say it's best to always use an attorney. It will only cost a few hundred bucks and it will be done right.
Bitter Old Man
AG
Sorry, to answer more of your question you will have to use a deed to transfer your interest to them. That deed needs to be drawn up by an attorney and filed of record.
joerobert_pete06
AG
Thanks bitter old man

A warranty deed has been drafted and is pending our signature. The 25% interest that I represent is requesting that I have the buyer acknowledge the selling price with a contract prior to signing the deed. I've looked on the Texas Real Estate Commissions website for a standard form / template but I think those are specific to the real estate brokers.

Thanks for the help
Bitter Old Man
AG
Anyone can use the TREC forms. You can probably just fill it out with as "Undivided 25% interest in (property description)...."

Check boxes that apply to you and skip/cross out stuff that doesn't.

NOTE: I'm not a lawyer, nor am I your agent. This is not legal advice.
Bitter Old Man
AG
Also, by Multi-family, do you mean a Condo or is it a whole apartment complex?
joerobert_pete06
AG
Thanks bitter old man! The property is a duplex
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.