Real Estate
Sponsored by

FS: Home on 1 acre in Richmond, TX

3,757 Views | 28 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Jefe07
Jefe07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We are selling our house so that we can downsize in order to pursue starting a business. My wife is great enough allow me to pursue my passion, and selling our house is a way for me to reduce risk. I'd love to sell to a fellow Ag or someone looking for a great house with a little bit of space in a great area.

FYI, there are three varieties of wine grapes growing. They are on pace to produce their first decent crop this year. The seven chickens can stay if desired.

http://www.har.com/1902-shadow-ln/sale_45801012
OnlyForNow
AG
I live close by, can I ask what the business you're pursuing is!? Love to help fellow Aggies out if I can and bump for the house!
Jefe07
AG
We are beekeepers and are looking to expand our operation into mead making. For the many who don't know what mead is, it's honey wine. We make a low alcohol, beer style and a traditional, still wine style. Haven't yet found the right location, but we hope to stay close by.
OnlyForNow
AG
Awesome endeavor!

I'd def. hit up Calency's to slang your stuff.

I live on the far west end of 359, but our neighborhood doesn't allow bees to be kept... I think.
RoseRichAg01
You need bees, Only. And isn't the far west end of 359 Hempstead?
OnlyForNow
AG
Ok, I'm on 359 between 723 and 1093.

#coacheschallenge....
Jefe07
AG
What your HOA doesn't know won't hurt them. Bees make some tasty wildflower honey here.
Jefe07
AG
Selfish bump
montanagriz
S
Just moved to McCrary Meadows
RoseRichAg01
Sweet! More people!
AggieStout
AG
FYI there are a hand full of mead drinkers on the beer thread over the the food forum, whenever you get to selling some of your product. They would likely buy some.
Jefe07
AG
Cool, thanks for the heads up. Gotta sell this house, though!

Also, free lifetime bar tab provided to the family that buys it. I think that's worth the price of the house right there.
sts7049
AG
that's a really awesome place. wish i was in the market....
Jefe07
AG
Thanks! I think it's a great house with a great setup. Unfortunately, it's an old house, so it's lacking some of the new house "wow" features. It's going to take a specific buyer to fall in love with it. But it's a great rural neighborhood with awesome neighbors.
sts7049
AG
how did you guys do there flooding wise?
MattyAg
AG
I live right up the road from you in Brazoswood Estates. I always wondered what your Honey trailer was about. If you see a guy go by on a Ranger with a couple of kids that's me.
MattyAg
AG
I live right up the road from you in Brazoswood Estates. I always wondered what your Honey trailer was about. If you see a guy go by on a Ranger with a couple of kids that's me.
Jefe07
AG
We had water on the property like everyone else, but no structures (house, shop, and pool) actually flooded. So we did just fine. And if it didn't flood then, I'd hate to see the flood event that did put water in our house. All of Richmond would be gone.
Jefe07
AG
I've seen you cruising by many times. If you ever see us outside, stop by and I'll give you some mead for your ride.

We own a small honey business that I hope to expand into a meadery. We are actually at the Art Walk Festival in downtown Richmond today if you need any honey.
MattyAg
AG
May head down there after soccer. Thanks!
OnlyForNow
AG
Damnit! I saw you all! We had our little boy out with us (2.5 yrs). He loves him some honey on his pancakes.
Jefe07
AG
Nice! Wish you would have stopped by and introduced yourself.
OnlyForNow
AG
Me to... dang.

Well if you're at any of the local farmers markets or anything like this, you should post about it on the Outdoor Board. I'd defintely make a stop.
BrazosDog02
AG
Wow.

OP, did you buy that home from the Kaisers? I remember when they were so excited to get that addition built. I was born and raised in Windloch...
Jefe07
AG
Yep. Now things are getting creepy.
BrazosDog02
AG
I didn't mean to wierd you out. I knew the kids and cousins well.

Small world.

I now live 35 miles away, and keep bees and make wine....LOL. Kudos and good luck to your venture, BTW.
kjcAg
AG
Your place looks awesome! If it wouldn't add to our already long commute, I would seriously think about it. Good luck getting it sold!

Also, do you sell your honey? I've got a batch of mead going right now, but I just used store-bought honey because the farmer's market guys were so expensive. This is my first time to try it and didn't want to spend a lot and then not like it. If it turns out, I might up-grade next time to more local honey.

Good luck in your venture!
JSKolache
AG
Jefe07 said:

Yep. Now things are getting creepy.
And did you buy like 1.5 - 2 yrs ago? I remember seeing signs on the place. We keep a horse in B'wood.
Jefe07
AG
Thanks! Psshh. Commute. You're not a real Houstonian unless you have a brutal commute.

We have a small business that we sell honey. But we aren't set up for bulk honey sales, only retail. But I can set you up with a beekeeper who does sell bulk honey if/when you're ready.
Jefe07
AG
In September it will be 3 years. Right before oil prices tanked.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.