Real Estate
Sponsored by

Might be getting it proper from my lender

10,345 Views | 127 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Deats99
Post removed:
by user
QuitTrippin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
just so you know the file is not even in final underwriting so prepare for lots more questions and BS.

don't like the rules? pay cash

SteveBott
AG
Take 1/12th of your total PITI pay that extra every month and you have a 23 year loan. Pay the 15 year payment to reduce even further.
histag10
AG
so im not well versed in any of this. But out of curiosity, even if you were forced into a 30 year, couldnt you pay what the 15 year payment would be each month with the excess going to principal? I honestly dont know if that would save you anything...

Edit: Just saw Steve basically say this.
Post removed:
by user
histag10
AG
our lender dicked us around for about 3 months with similar crap and then tacked on more fees. We jumped ship, found a new lender, and closed in 45 days.
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
Kurt Gowdy
AG
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Which is why, being in the Houston area, you should have just gone straight to jja79. He closed me in about 30 days about a week ago.
Post removed:
by user
histag10
AG
my husband has his base pay, but he also has quite a bit of overtime that wasnt included on his employment verification statement. We were able to provide 3 months of pay stubs to our lender to have this considered/verified when we purchased. Maybe something to ask about?

Edit: maybe it was 6 months, I dont remember, but still easy to get.
AggiePlaya
AG
The mortgage process can be a real pain in the arse, and even more challenging if you are out of town. Unfortunately these kinds of headaches happen sometimes, so take a deep breath and do the best you can to keep communicating with the lender daily if you have to.

Even if you did get forced into a 30yr, you can always refinance later to a 15 yr loan so all hope is not lost. Good luck!
Post removed:
by user
QuitTrippin
change lenders *now*
Post removed:
by user
Jay@AgsReward.com
Sponsor
AG
Third coast,

Sounds like you need a verification of income from your employer to show your different income streams. Not sure why they would not have done that already.

But, if you need to close this thing fast, we can potentially get you closed in as little as 7 days because we lend our own money when needed. Now, it would not be at 3.5% but the idea would be to start an refinance right away to get you to the lower conventional rate. Not perfect, but might get you into the house right away.
histag10
AG
third coast.. said:

that would put my wife and kid and dogs and stuff out of a home for weeks at minimum. i dont think its right to ask that of my wife while she is the sole caretaker of my child and pregnant and working. im really bent over a barrel....

Congrats
drewser95
AG
Jay@AgsReward.com said:

But, if you need to close this thing fast, we can potentially get you closed in as little as 7 days because we lend our own money when needed.
Highly recommend getting in touch with Jay for this very reason, especially given your situation. Good luck and keep us posted.
SteveBott
AG
Are you going VA or conventional?

If you had problems last time and your lender either did not know, which is on you, or the you told them. Which is it.
Post removed:
by user
SteveBott
AG
Let's be clear I'm not here to attack you. And I apologize if so noted.

But you do not, IMO, understand mortgage underwriting. Why I asked VA or conventional. You have a file that can only be approved under basic income rules and that's it.

They do not care about past income. Means nothing. They care about the next three years. Period

DOD will not confirm you get 3 years overtime guaranteed the money will not be added to your income
Post removed:
by user
JBLHAG03
AG
Im sure it is a frustrating situation, but you are coming across as an ass to people that have nothing to do with it.

Underwriting policies are applied equally across the board; it is not a personal attack on you.

The bank owns the house, not you. They want to make sure you can afford to buy it from them at your base salary (i.e. how are they supposed to know how long your current training will last). Typically overtime, bonuses, etc. do not count.

On income, it's not what you know, it's what you can prove.

The government has laws in place to protect service members, which hopefully usaa is aware of. If you are not getting anywhere with conventional, try VA.

If that fails, switch to Jay as suggested above.
AggiePlaya
AG
JBLHAG03 said:

Im sure it is a frustrating situation, but you are coming across as an ass to people that have nothing to do with it.

Underwriting policies are applied equally across the board; it is not a personal attack on you.

The bank owns the house, not you. They want to make sure you can afford to buy it from them at your base salary (i.e. how are they supposed to know how long your current training will last). Typically overtime, bonuses, etc. do not count.

On income, it's not what you know, it's what you can prove.

The government has laws in place to protect service members, which hopefully usaa is aware of. If you are not getting anywhere with conventional, try VA.

If that fails, switch to Jay as suggested above.
This
Post removed:
by user
SteveBott
AG
Ussa. Problem solved. They do not do well on complex files. I do. Good luck.
Post removed:
by user
The Fife
Wow, not wasting any time on baby #2!
Post removed:
by user
CS78
SteveBott said:

Ussa. Problem solved. They do not do well on complex files. I do. Good luck.
USAA really is your problem. Ive been with them for 25 years. Tried to get a mortgage about 8 years back and ran in to very similar issues. They are one of the worst if not the worst mortgage company out there. Talking to a different person each time you call. One tells you one thing, the next something else. It will only continue. People in complicated financial situations MUST go through a WELL EXPERIENCED LOAN OFFICER that's with a good company. Large companies will tell you whatever you want to hear to get their hooks in to you as a potential customer. They don't give a dam if they can't actually get you closed when it comes down to it. I'm sorry this doesn't help your situation but you need to understand that your situation is likely not going to improve in the next couple weeks if you stick with USAA.

SteveBott
AG
third coast.. said:

no offense steve, but this post, along with another where you told me that i needed you, is why i chose to go elsewhere.

Not sure when I told you that you needed me. that is not my style but ok. Looks like I was right.
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.