Real Estate
Sponsored by

Natural grass ag exemption

1,110 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by SWCBonfire
Gunner740
How long do you want to ignore this user?
My wife and I recently bought 12 acres just outside bryan. When we bought it, the previous owners had a natural grass ag exemption on it from cutting hay. I am looking for someone to begin cutting hay off of it again in order to keep the exemption. The weeds have grown up on the property so it would need some work done to remove them, but there is really good coastal grass growing on it. Is anyone interested in cutting hay off of it or know someone who they could suggest. Thanks.
jja79
AG
You should post on the Aggieland and outdoor boards also.
Gunner740
I'm trying to but I'm having trouble getting it to post...
Deats99
AG
Rookie daily posting limits. Try tomorrow.
A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week.
-George S Patton
SWCBonfire
AG
Coastal is an improved grass, not a native.

Weeds if tall now would need to be mowed, and the regrowth sprayed and place fertilized. If you're willing to pay for that and your pastures are clean, then you should have no problem getting someone to cut hay on a percentage or by the bale. If your fields aren't clean and aren't fertilized, the chances of getting someone to come cut and bale your place drops significantly.

I hope you don't think this isn't going to cost you money or will be profitable.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.