Real Estate
Sponsored by

New home contract question

4,334 Views | 48 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by TexAg1987
RK
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That's my question. I interpreted the OP to say the lender couldn't get to closing by the original date set forth in the cash contract...indicating they are not as far behind the curve as some may believe. Maybe I am reading it incorrectly.
Deats99
AG
**** your builder!!!! He is a flipping moron if he wants to walk, take your earnest and restart the process. I would offer to make him whole on any proven interim interest and advise him politely that if he ****s with you, you will tie his property up so long the bank will sell you the house.....

Your agent needs to grow a set.

But be nice!!!!
Post removed:
by user
TexAg1987
RK said:

That's my question. I interpreted the OP to say the lender couldn't get to closing by the original date set forth in the cash contract...indicating they are not as far behind the curve as some may believe. Maybe I am reading it incorrectly.
You are correct. Bank is not at fault. they have been as quick as they can be. I am understanding that the lending regulations make this a 30 day+/- process no matter what.

This is a "change in financing method" problem brought on by me.
SteveBott
AG
Another option is to pay cash and have the bank finish the loan as a refinance. That would incur more closing costs though
TexAg1987
SteveBott said:

Another option is to pay cash and have the bank finish the loan as a refinance. That would incur more closing costs though
Cash is tied up in the existing house. Need it to sell first.
Jay@AgsReward.com
Sponsor
AG
We do bridge loans and can close as quickly as 7 days in some cases as we use our own money. It would add costs of course so maybe not your solution but happy to speak with you about it.

Bridge loans

plowboy1065
S
This wouldn't happen to be a Lennar home would it? Sounds like other horror stories I've heard
TexAg1987
No.
Buck O Five
AG
I worked for a large builder for many years. Carrying costs on a home are around $100/day plus opportunity costs of releasing panels on new specs. If buyers signed a cash deal we gave them special pricing, and if those circumstances changed the expenses are given to the buyer.

Telling a builder to pound sand and threatening legal is terrible advice.

The builder just wants it closed quick. I would offer a lesser amount than $3k, or try additional earnest money applied to your downpayment. Expect them to bust your contract and keep all EM if you miss the extension.
jja79
AG
Don't leave us hanging.
TexAg1987
We paid $3k for a 20 day extension. My realtor is covering it. She feels like this is her fault. Closing will probably be March 30. More info after closing.
Deats99
AG
I am glad y'all got it worked out and that your realtor stepped up.
A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week.
-George S Patton
Ol Jock 99
AG
Curious how this was your realtor's fault.

(Not a realtor)
TexAg1987
Long story, I'll tell more after closing.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.