Real Estate
Sponsored by

Home Insurance

1,563 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by aggiebq03+
rao11010
How long do you want to ignore this user?
rao11010
AG
I am closing on my first home in Katy on the 17th. I do not know what the standard insurance numbers are or what they should be. I figure all homes are different but not sure where to start. Any insight you might be able to help with?

thanks,
Ryan

Edit: Also, the house is not in a flood zone but I plan on getting flood insurance. I believe you have to go through FEMA?
TXTransplant
Are you wanting to know how much it should cost or how much you need to insure the home for?

If it's the former, check out this link. You can compare the prices charges by various insurance cos based on level of coverage and where you live.

https://apps.tdi.state.tx.us/helpinspublic/Start.do?type=res

Flood insurance is through FEMA, but whatever agent you use to set up/purchase your regular homeowner's policy can get you a flood policy (and if they won't, find a new agent). After the initial purchase of the food policy, you will renew in your own through FEMA.
rao11010
AG
Thanks, I am trying to find out how much I need to insure the home for. When it comes to homes I'm clueless.
SteveBott
AG
Call your auto agent. If they do not sell homeowners then contact Bryan Massey at Lierre insurance. He is an AG.

Expect the annual insurance at one half a percent of the value of the home. So a 300k home at 1500 per year. That might be slightly low for your area but it's a good guide.

SteveBott
AG
Also insure at the appraisal report cost to replace. It will be about page 4 of the report
rao11010,

Give Bryan Massey at Liere Insurance a call. He has helped me and a ton of my clients. He's honest and will get you a great rate.
Bryan_Massey
Thanks for the recommendation SteveBott and 26.2!

Hi Ryan - My name is Bryan Massey '02 with Liere Insurance and I would love the opportunity to provide you with a quote on your insurance.

Please PM me or give me a call (855) 776-2300.

Bryan Massey
StringerBell
AG
Bryan is great. Definitely work through him.
aggiebq03+
Another thumbs up for Bryan.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.