Real Estate
Sponsored by

Rental Home Profit?

1,624 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by AggieGunslinger
JuCo CH46
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I know there are lots of variables when renting, but what would be a ball park on actual profit from a rental home. 4/2, 2100 square feet on the east side of Dallas in a good school district? After all taxes, upkeep, pop up expenses what could one expect would actually go in your pocket? I know how much would go to property taxes... but I am clueless on how much everything else would cost.
zap
AG
$300 a month

There are lots of variables, but it's not a hard calculation if you know the mortgage, insurance costs, taxes, maintenance fees.

Set about $100 a side a month for repairs.
Corps_Ag12
AG
zap said:

$300 a month

There are lots of variables, but it's not a hard calculation if you know the mortgage, insurance costs, taxes, maintenance fees.

Set about $100 a side a month for repairs.

Sounds about right.

Funny thing is, the cheaper houses have higher profit.
CS78
No loan, no management? About 60% of monthly gross.

If financed, the term and rate are going to be large variables.

SwissAgg
AG
Do you have a mortgage on it? If not, I say 60-65% is a good number.

I am taking about 70%, but my house is not in Dallas.
JuCo CH46
It will be paid off before we start renting. Thanks for support, this will help as we start looking harder into selling or renting the home. We wanted to make sure that our numbers fell inline with what others see.
hashtagged
AG
First time landlord
Long time listener
Property in Houston is vacant for about two weeks and twice I've had it vandalized. Nothing major just broken window and torn down patio screens. Nonetheless I want to put security cams but would need internet to stream, one of the neighbors claims he knows it's a couple of teens vandalizing.
I want to go beat the ****tt out of these kid's dads to raise them better but I know that's not ideal.
I plan to talk to the neighbors to let them know about the vandalism and keep an eye out. any tips?
AggieGunslinger
AG
Get it rented, call the local police station and let them know so maybe they patrol by there a bit more often.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.