Real Estate
Sponsored by

Duck Haven - Internet and TV

2,132 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Appinc
diesel3443
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Hello!

I am moving into Duck Haven next week. What is everyone using for internet? Not sure if suddenlink is out there....

Thanks
Sean
histag10
AG
you will have better luck on the BCS board (Aggieland)
jac4
AG

I live in Saddle Creek adjacent to Duck Haven. Pretty sure we have the same internet options. There's CEO and Rise broadband. From talking to my neighbors, they both suck. I can personally vouch that CEO sucks. I pay $100/month for 10 MB download, but usually get ~4.

For TV, it's Dish or DirecTV.
kyledr04
AG
I have CEO. It's ok. I have the 4-6mb plan and it varies from 1-5mb and it's worst at night when everyone is on. It doesnt go down often. They need to upgrade the system for more bandwidth but rumors are that we'll get buried cable eventually. No one would put much more into WISP service. So its the best there is for now.

Tv has to be satellite. The Internet isn't fast enough for the cord cutting services.
75AG
AG
kyledr04 said:

I have CEO. It's ok. I have the 4-6mb plan and it varies from 1-5mb and it's worst at night when everyone is on. It doesnt go down often. They need to upgrade the system for more bandwidth but rumors are that we'll get buried cable eventually. No one would put much more into WISP service. So its the best there is for now.

Tv has to be satellite. The Internet isn't fast enough for the cord cutting services.
CEO has begun installing fiber in the area. Talked to one of their engineers and they hope to have up to 200 Mbps starting within 2 months to Duck Haven. Hope he wasn't lying!
KaneIsAble
AG
Interesting - should be breaking ground out there in a couple of months and wondered who had the best service.
StringerBell
AG
we moved from out there and had no issues with CEO and directtv
75AG
AG
We currently have CEO, and while relatively slow, it's been good. Also have DIRECTV.
Appinc
I spoke with them too. CEO is running fiber, expect to be up and running by year end I think
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.