Real Estate
Sponsored by

Suggestions for someone getting into Real Estate (residential)

1,129 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Tyroch07
bthobig12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My wife just got her license, and she is trying to figure out where to go from here. She is leaning towards one of the bigger companies, KW in particular, for the training. She knows that she is going to need a lot of support getting started.

Any suggestions or insight?

TIA.
dannyag07
AG
Where at?

One of the biggest things I didn't have or think about when I started was hands on coaching. I didn't think I needed more than what I was getting, but once I got it there was a huge difference in income and growth. You need someone to help guide you both as a Realtor and as a business.

Good luck to her!
JenniferJennings
Training is important...and the type of training offered is even more important. There are offices that have a lot of training, but the training is more for experienced agents. New agents can walk in and feel very overwhelmed bc the classes are over their heads. So, have her ask if they offer any new agent training....covering things like building a data base, how to prospect (and what the rules are for calling), developing systems that are duplicatable week after week, and is there someone ONSITE to help with writing offers, listing agreements etc. I also agree having a designated mentor or one on one coaching is very helpful for new agents!
Know1
AG
Give me a shout and I'll be happy to provide some insight. My email is in my profile. What area is she in?
voorheesdn
AG
Same here. Happy to spend some time on the phone talking you through things. david@voorheesteam.com
SteveBott
AG
I'm mortgage. Contact in profile. Be happy to answer questions.

As for realtors I'd go big firm and training. KW etc. all have decent training. It has limits of course.

Friends and family. ;-)
bthobig12
AG
Houston area. We live in the Heights, so an office that is nearby would definitely be nice.
Know1
AG
bthobig12 said:

Houston area. We live in the Heights, so an office that is nearby would definitely be nice.
Great area...give me a shout and I'll be happy to help.
Diggity
AG
I'm at Keller Williams Metropolitan office, which would likely be the one she would join.

I would be happy to answer any questions she may have about the office.

Tyroch07
AG
Hi guys, I'm the in house lender for KW The Woodlands--Texas Premier Mortgage and just happen to live in the heights. I'd love to put you in contact with the Team leader of the KW Woodlands office as he would be able to give you best insight about training within the KW family. I've been IMPRESSED to say the least. I work with quite a few of the newer agents and they immerse them in the culture to say the least. You're welcome to reach out to me at danny@txpremiermortgage.com or 817-269-9762

Best of luck!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.