Real Estate
Sponsored by

College Station Home for Sale by Owner

5,945 Views | 41 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by AggieAces06
AggieAces06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
***Update*** I haven't updated in a while. We decided to list with an agent and wanted to share the listing.

Realtor.com [url]
http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/1209-Ebbtide-Cv_College-Station_TX_77845_M86262-92369#photo1[/url]

Zillow.com [url]
https://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sale/82780931_zpid/2-_beds/252000-474000_price/943-1774_mp/globalrelevanceex_sort/30.567619,-96.205774,30.51469,-96.28079_rect/13_zm/0_mmm/?view=public[/url]

The Zillow listing has both the old pictures we took ourselves, and the professional pics taken for the agent.

AggieAces06
AG
Bump... I added a link to our listing on zillow.
AggiePlaya
AG
$143/Sq foot seems very high ?
Tyroch07
AG
I'd recommend spending the $250 on some high quality photos on your listing if that is the only place you plan to list it. Pictures can make all the difference. Twilight pics have even higher click through rate.
JenniferJennings
not priced to bad at all...average ppsf in the last 365 days is $135 with overall sales prices ranging from $320-$359K...and we are seeing another bump in pricing this year! Best of Luck!
AggieAces06
AG
Tyroch07 - Thank you for pointing that out. The wrong pictures were loaded by mistake. This has been corrected, and additional pictures have been added.

Also, we have had several inquiries from agents. We are wanting to keep it for sale by owner, but buyer's agents are welcome.
TXTransplant
I had the same experience when I did FSBO in College Station. I think I got a postcard/letter from just about every agent in town trying to solicit my business as the seller. Sadly, I only got one or two inquiries from realtors representing a buyer (and one "buyer" was the agent himself). Ultimately, the people who bought my house found it themselves, and then got their buyers' agent involved after the buyers scheduled the showing. I sure hope things have changed.
AggiePlaya
AG
JenniferJennings said:

not priced to bad at all...average ppsf in the last 365 days is $135 with overall sales prices ranging from $320-$359K...and we are seeing another bump in pricing this year! Best of Luck!
So you will take him an offer from a buyer at that price?
Premium
AG
Direct competition - $50K cheaper. Not a big difference in size considering both are 4/3.

See what I found on #Zillow!
http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1211-Ebbtide-Cv-College Station-TX-77845/83101768_zpid
The Fife
Premium said:

Direct competition - $50K cheaper. Not a big difference in size considering both are 4/3.

See what I found on #Zillow!
http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1211-Ebbtide-Cv-College Station-TX-77845/83101768_zpid
This. Granted the OP's back yard is nicer, but that $50K goes a long way towards that.
SoTheySay
S
I haven't been in OPs house but I have been in the other. It's decent. Been on the market for over a year, I believe.

Not all homes in South Hampton were created equally IMO.
AggieAces06
AG
While it might be right next door, the houses are very different. Ours is almost 200 sqft bigger, has a bigger back porch and a better back yard. The insides are also completely different in floor plans and finish outs.

Like another poster said, not all houses in the area are equal. We have looked at the comps for the area and are confident in our pricing. If you would like to come view both houses, and tell us what you think it is worth, we would gladly consider your offer.
AggiePlaya
AG
If comps show up to $135/Sq foot, you have a risk of not appraising. A house next to you that hasn't sold in a year doesn't help unless there are major justifiable differences. If you are serious about selling, you may want to put the price in a sweeter spot. Otherwise you may sit for a year
CS78
From $200 pistols to $350k homes, the texags price police never fail to enforce their superior knowledge.

I'm sure the OP is comfortable with the potential outcomes of his pricing without people "just trying to help" crapping in his thread.
AggiePlaya
AG
Just trying to help
Cyp0111
Cheap looking carpet.
AggieAces06
AG
Shameless bump
AggieAces06
AG
We are hosting an open house this Sunday, February 26 from 1:00-4:00 pm.

Come by and check it out. I might even have cookies for you!

Also, we've added some more pictures to the listing for your viewing pleasure.
AggieAces06
AG
Open house is in progress now. Come stop by and take a look!
johnnyblaze36
AG
Interestingly I have the exact same bed frame as in picture 11.
AggieAces06
AG
johnnyblaze36 said:

Interestingly I have the exact same bed frame as in picture 11.

Interestingly, we used to have it in a queen size, but wanted to get the king. We somehow found someone on craigslist in Houston with a king who wanted to trade for a queen. They also threw in the matching mirror.

And for all the price police who said we were too high... We are at $143/sq ft, 3 houses in the neighborhood have popped up this past week. One is at $141/sq ft, and two are at $145/sq ft. There are reasons the house next door hasn't sold...and it isn't from the asking price. You can walk through and see/feel the differences between that house and any of the others that have gone up for sale.
Cyp0111
lol. buying mattress on craigslist?
Gramercy Riffs
AG
Cyp0111 said:

I read it as trading bed frames.
AggieAces06
AG
Gramercy Riffs said:

Cyp0111 said:

I read it as trading bed frames.

This 100%!!! The thought of a Craigslist mattress makes me cringe.
Gramercy Riffs
AG
It's a nice house, by the way. I know it's already been mentioned in the thread, but did you consider professional photography for the interiors?
austinrb10
AG
I would love for price police to justify their criticism of one's listing with comps, experience in the field, or any other verifiable measure other than what swims in their head.
AggieAces06
AG
Thanks and we have... I know you do it too. Feel free to email me with your rates.
Gramercy Riffs
AG
Ah - I see now how my post could have been taken, but I wasn't trying to solicit business (and I try not to on this board in general, although it's tough not to seem that way through this sort of discussion).

I noticed that it was mentioned earlier in the thread, and I saw the drone shots in the listing, but it didn't look like anything had changed with the interior images so I was just curious.
AggieAces06
AG
My husband did the drone shots himself. We updated some of the interior shots, but we are having trouble with the guest bedrooms and how to display a walk through shower that wraps behind the bathtub.
Gramercy Riffs
AG
He did a nice job on the drone shots, particularly #18. Anything lacking on the technical side is made up for by the functionality of that image. Showing that slice of the backyard and the proximity to the water were excellent choices.

To be honest, the rest of the pictures aren't that bad. We've got some color issues, which would be my biggest concern, but that's tough to get right without a little practice. I'm assuming #6 is the closest to the correct wall color?

The most interesting parts of that type of shower layout won't really show up in your photos, at least not in one shot. I wouldn't worry too much about it - you can imply that it's there but don't spend too much effort trying get it perfect. If you make the rest of the house look great, people will show up and see the shower in person. If I were shooting your home, I'd probably get two good compositions out of that bathroom, and the shower wouldn't be part of either one.

What is it about the guest bedrooms that's giving you trouble? Is it the size of the room and not being able to squeeze it all into one photo? Or are there lighting issues as well? In small rooms, remember that you don't necessarily have to include everything. If the viewer only sees half of something they're familiar with, they'll realize that the other half is outside the frame. Good examples of this are the mirror in #11 and the bottom of the chairs in #10). Use that same principle for smaller bedrooms and bathrooms. Guest bedrooms aren't your money makers either way. Take a quick shot of each of them and don't stress too much about non-critical photos.

I hope that helps a little. I think you've done a good job so far.
AggieAces06
AG
Yes, the color issues come from taking pictures on different days and at different times of day. (Plus some blinds being closed)

I may see what shots we have of the guest rooms and add them later. Or attemp to take a few new ones. We were trying to get as much of the room in them as possible, but I may give up on that and just do the basic shots to show "hey, here is another room!".

Thanks for the advice!
AggieAces06
AG
More pictures have been added. I removed some of the more "eh" pictures, and added a couple different angles of the existing rooms. I also took pictures of the other bedrooms and full bath as soon as I got home from work. These still aren't award winning, but I think they will at least let you get a feel for the rooms.

Also, we have scheduled another open house for this Sunday, March 5 from 1-4. Feel free to come out and see the house for yourselves!
Gramercy Riffs
AG
HUGE thumbs up on those new pictures. You did a really nice job on the bedrooms. Absolutely nailed them. Good luck with the open house!
Premium
AG
Pictures aren't bad, BUT I'd get a few exterior pictures that are eye level. Lower than a drone.

I'd also pay $250-300 on professional pictures.

Yours are NOT bad, but I'd recommend something more professional.
Gramercy Riffs
AG
There are four exterior shots from ground level, including a straight shot of the front. She's fine on exterior images.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.