Real Estate
Sponsored by

Any spray foam kit experiences?

960 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by polksalet12345
polksalet12345
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Looking to put some closed cell on roof of my barndo? Any and all ideas are encouraged!!!
schwack schwack
AG
I don't have first hand experience, but a neighbor did it in their metal shop building and it still smells really chemically in there over a year later. No way I could stay in there more than a few minutes. I've read that the mixture, temperature & application have to be pretty exact for a good outcome. So, I'd make sure you are hiring a super reputable company with a good handle on the science-y stuff. The off gassing of that stuff is pretty potent - not to mention toxic. Maybe their experience is a freak occurrence or they hired hacks.

jt2hunt
AG
I used it for my garage
Works great
polksalet12345
Did you apply it yourself?
Halconblack
AG
I have done it. Not hard, just make sure you were a suit and goggles and you shake the canisters more than the allotted time. Also find a place to test spray that easy to clean up when you first go at it. That way you can make sure your colors are correct.
polksalet12345
I have a contractor going to spray 4" open cell for $1 per square foot. Thanks for the input!!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.