Real Estate
Sponsored by

Owner Managed Homes

5,872 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by 78669AG
Centex99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Has anyone used them?
http://www.txbuildatcost.com/

I read on one of the very few reviews I could find that the owner/founder was an Aggie...
Gig Em5014
AG
This was the first time I had ever hear or seen this but it's an intriguing concept. Do you know if B/CS qualifies as "Houston area" or would they not service someone that far away from one of their locations?
jaggiemaggie
AG
The concept sounds intriguing but I'm curious how homeowner involvement will affect getting a construction loan.
jja79
AG
That's certainly an issue.
Tonyperkis
AG
Can you explain further how this would affect the ability to get a loan? This seems like an intriguing business model
EvenPar
AG
Most of the local BCS home builders have preferred access to the local subs. Using a non-local company to help you "do-it-yourself" doesn't seem like the best plan imo, especially with the high amount of construction already going on. You could be waiting for weeks and months, especially if you are waiting for lowest bids.
jja79
AG
A builder collecting a management fee has little motivation to meet deadlines. A borrower likely has no expertise in bidding and managing a significant transaction and process like this. The lender has no choice but to complete the project.

I can only speak to our position but we wouldn't touch these deals. We're a small, regional bank but we do close about 300 construction loans per year.
Tonyperkis
AG
Thanks for feedback guys. Makes sense
Centex99
AG
I sent him am email and he has lenders that he works with... He mentioned most of his builds in the Austin area are 125-150/ft... But I have no clue how custom or to what level of finish out that is...
SoTheySay
S
EvenPar said:

Most of the local BCS home builders have preferred access to the local subs. Using a non-local company to help you "do-it-yourself" doesn't seem like the best plan imo, especially with the high amount of construction already going on. You could be waiting for weeks and months, especially if you are waiting for lowest bids.

This. 100%.
jwwalling
AG
I am the owner of Texas Build At Cost, thanks for checking out our building programs. Texas Build At Cost is now Owner Managed Homes. The building options and cost transparency are the same. The new site is
http://www.ownermanagedhomes.com. We are operating in the Austin, Houston and San Antonio areas. Contact us anytime for more info or to see if one of our building options is right for you. Jeff Walling '80
07&09Ag
Not sure why you changed names but You may want to look at your website a little closer. The mobile version at least has references to both company names.
78669AG
We are using jeff. Great option
If you can't handle the stress, log off until August. If you can handle the stress, be supportive and donate to United. No more buildings and concrete. Gotta channel funds to the collective for now.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.