Real Estate
Sponsored by

does an expired mechanics lien affect title in anyway during a sale?

1,108 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by voorheesdn
CapCity12thMan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
If there was a mechanics lien on a homestead that was never acted upon within the time period required to do so - effectively it would be an "expired lien".

Would this cloud title in anyway during sale of the home?
sanangeloAG
AG
The title company we do work for will disregard most liens if they are outside the statute of limitations without requiring a release.

On a residential mechanic's lien by affidavit that would be the later of either one year after the last day a claimant could have filed a lien affidavit or within one year after completion, termination or abandonment of the work under the original contract where the lien is claimed.
SteveBott
AG
Sanangelo is correct. Title can remove this if it fits their guidelines. If selling have the realtor open title before going to market. It takes a week at most.

If buying it's the sellers problem
voorheesdn
AG
As Bott and San Angelo said...title company will handle for you and you should def have title opened before you list if you are seller. Let me know if you have any questions beyond that I'd be glad to put you in touch with my title people. david@voorheesteam.com
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.