Real Estate
Sponsored by

Home Value question re: new elementary school

1,513 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Corps_Ag12
ChiveOn
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I live in Benbrook, love the home and my neighborhood is a great starter spot

they built the new Westpark Elementary quite literally behind my property and I'm curious what the trend is when a new school is built in the neighborhood--do home values increase or decrease?
Martin Q. Blank
Immediate properties bordering a large building will decrease. All others, not much impact.
p_bubel
Quote:

Immediate properties bordering a large building will decrease.
Oye.

OP, I wouldn't expect it to negatively affect your overall value unless the school turns out to not be as good as the one it replaced for your home.

If it turns out better, then you've lucked out.

It's not something as a homeowner and appraiser I would get worried about. I would probably grumble about the construction at some point, but it's temporary.
ChiveOn
AG
this is good to know

the construction was indeed a nightmare: somedays starting at 6am and some nights not finishing until nearly midnight...no bueno with a newborn

school is in session there and it is a beautiful campus plus Benbrook elementary schools are historically highly ranked

coupled with the ever increasing talk of breaking off from FWISD to form it's own district, I can see the values only going up. The buildings are already in place in Benbrook: 2 elementary campuses, 1 middle school, and then a middle-high school campus that could easily been converted

LeFraud
Benbrook high school has already been converted
ChiveOn
AG
are they going to drop the "Middle" part of the side of the building?
Corps_Ag12
AG
ChiveOn said:

are they going to drop the "Middle" part of the side of the building?

Yes, they are phasing in each class year. So this past year was the first freshman class. Then next year there will be a sophomore & freshman class, so on and so forth.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.