Real Estate
Sponsored by

Wood look tile

4,154 Views | 36 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by jakelew04
giddings_ag_06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Zemira said:

I have real wood in my master bedroom and have been wondering about the wood look tile for the bathroom.

Do you think I could make it work or impossible to get it to look right meshing up real wood And the wood look tile?

I'm not a designer type of guy, but like Endo said I wouldn't try to match anything. Personally I don't like two different looking woods together for flooring and I would use a travertine tile look instead of wood look tile. It's all personal preference though.
Zemira
AG
Thanks. I have never like my master bathroom and will be the first thing I redo. I am not sold on the wood look tile but a different tile than the brown blah I have is needed.

I figure I have at least a year or two till I get the nerve up to start on the master bathroom so looking for ideas.
jakelew04
AG
We bought a house with this as the bathroom floors. It's a grayish color and you definitely know it's tile. I like the look in smaller spaces like ours. The grain on ours is pretty suttle, my wife didn't even notice it at first.

I don't think I would like it in a larger room and if it was too "wood" looking if that makes sense. Prefer real wood in that case, but I like ours as just tile that has a little different look to it rather than trying to fool you that it's a wood floor.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.