Real Estate
Sponsored by

eXp Realty

4,834 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by jja79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Can anybody here help me understand how this is not a ponzi scheme?

http://exprealty.com/#about
Señor Chang
AG
What do they do? Didn't see any actual info on that page, just a bunch of fluff.
AggieBob08
AG
Are you looking to join them? I know some agents with them. The really do sell real estate. Why do you think it is Ponzi scheme?
I have no doubt that they are actually selling real estate, but Amway sells stuff too, so that doesn't sway me. I think they are pretty clever in the way they word their structure, but reading between the lines....

Quote:

Take part in the Industry's most aggressive revenue sharing model. Earn thousands per month by attracting like-minded agents. Build your business and plan for your retirement.

Quote:

Our vision is for a company that is owned by its agents and brokers. Uniquely within the industry, we provide a number of opportunities for our agents and brokers to become sizable shareholders and partners in our collective success.

Honestly, I'm not sold that they are a ponzi, but I'm trying to understand how they are not one.

Deats99
AG
They sound like they are expanding their brand and the best way to do that in our industry is by the branch. aka not reinventing the wheel.

You get a good LO or realtor, bring them in and nurture their market. They bring on a couple more and you set them up with a store front and give them a piece to manage it. Or you hire an entire branch. Just my thoughts, but I bet that is what they mean with those statements.

We are using a similar model to expand across the southeast.
A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week.
-George S Patton
Diggity
AG
Keller Williams does the same thing, and it looks like some of their rainmakers came from our office so I'm sure the revenue share strategy is pretty similar. Exit Realty used to do the same as well but I'm not sure they're still around.

There's a big difference between "Ponzi scheme" and a MLM business.
Diggity
AG
What's odd to me is they push the term "cloud based" and boast about low overhead so they don't seem to have any physical offices and any training/support would be virtual. Those types of offices are typically attractive to agents because they have very low fees.

If the splits are so low, I don't know how much the brokerage itself would have left for the "revenue share".
I would be curious to find out what the fees are. Maybe I'll do a "confidential interview"
grizzo
AG
Diggity is correct that it is similar to the KW model. However, the major contrast is that Keller Williams is a profit sharing company and EXP is a revenue sharing company.

When Keller Williams franchise owners sign, they agree to give back a minimum of 40% of the company dollar - or net - back to the agents that helped the growth of KW. It's probably a basic calculation but not the point.

The difference in EXP is - from my understanding - they are revenue sharing, which suggests they are sharing the gross income. I may be wrong on that, but that's my understanding and if it is true, I don't see how it is sustainable.

On sheer size and resources, they're nowhere near what Keller Williams is.

*Disclaimer: I own a real estate business within KW
SheilaFejeran
Hi Everyone,

I am a Broker Associate with EXP in Dallas. I have been with the company for a little over a year. It has been an amazing year being a part of this company. I have been in the business almost 15 years.

We are not a MLM or Ponzi scheme. An mlm recruits people and gets them to buy products from you and then gets you to turn around and do the same thing. We do not buy anything from eachother. We are not selling potions and lotions like most mlm's. We are just doing our normal real estate business. The difference is that our company decides to share the revenue that is coming into the company with us, instead of keeping it for the owners, board, etc. It is 20x more money that other companies that have similar models of sharing profits. I'm already making 20-25k per month revenue share.

As well the company gives us multiple lead gen systems to help us grow our business, stock ownership in the company and much more.

I would love to share the opportunity with you if you would like to take a look at it. I have a webinar I can email you. If you would text or call me at 972-984-0429.

Thanks!

Sheila Fejeran
Diggity
AG
$300K in profit share after a year with the company?

Very impressive. You sponsor a couple hundred agents?
SteveBott
AG
Logan just got an email.
Señor Chang
AG
Okay, now it's sounding like a ponzi scheme.
SheilaFejeran
I have personally invited 16 agents to the company, then those agents invited other agents and they invited agents. I have 775 agents in my team already.

The company is sharing the revenue with us if we invite other agents to join us. It is no different than what Keller Williams does, it just pays 20x more because it is based on the revenue that comes in instead of the profit.

It is truly a brand new real estate platform. Old traditional model of owner down has to pay the franchise owner, regional owner, local franchise owner, building costs, etc. so it takes alot of money to keep it going. We don't have all of those layers so we don't have those costs. The company can just share with us.

Would love to show it to you, if you are interested.

Thanks

Sheila
972-984-0429

Señor Chang
AG

SheilaFejeran
Yes, please see my post below, sorry put it in the wrong spot.
chrisfield
Sponsor
AG
775 agents on your team in a year....wowzers.
Diggity
AG
It pays to be at the top of the pyramid
jja79
AG
You are making $25K/month off your stable of 775 agents or $32.25 each. How many people are taking a bite out of that?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.