Real Estate
Sponsored by

Property Management Company in San Antonio

1,432 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by loveaTm
SwissAgg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Does anyone know of a good property management company in San Antonio?

If so, do they charge a percentage of rent or a set price?
loveaTm
AG
We use Remax North's team of property managers. They charge us half a months rent to put someone in there and 10% per month fee. They are responsive and check the property regularly. We live close to the property and debated if we should have one. Then our first tenant ever had to be evicted after 3 months (her credit score was acceptable, she was a young widow with a toddler so did not blame property manager - she moved an ex-con in without permission who threatened to kill the neighbor's dog, etc. and kept denying he lived there) and they handled the whole thing for us for that same 10% and we're great about taking care of it all.
tamutaylor12
In general, is it typical for management companies to handle evictions?
SwissAgg
AG
tamutaylor12 said:

In general, is it typical for management companies to handle evictions?
The one time I had to evict someone, they did it for me.
SwissAgg
AG
loveaTm said:

We use Remax North's team of property managers. They charge us half a months rent to put someone in there and 10% per month fee. They are responsive and check the property regularly. We live close to the property and debated if we should have one. Then our first tenant ever had to be evicted after 3 months (her credit score was acceptable, she was a young widow with a toddler so did not blame property manager - she moved an ex-con in without permission who threatened to kill the neighbor's dog, etc. and kept denying he lived there) and they handled the whole thing for us for that same 10% and we're great about taking care of it all.
Have you ever had a lot of repairs that were done but didn't really need to be done?

I had a crooked management company one time, though not in San Antonio. Suddenly,

there were repair expenses every month for something. I lived in the house myself so I

know that these repairs were bogus.
loveaTm
AG
We haven't had that at all. In fact, once we felt bad because the tenant called a repairman and it was something stupid (like the breaker) and property managers basically told them if that happened again they'd make the tenant pay the call fee.

I think the upside of a larger property management team is they aren't trying to nickle and dime you at all. The down side is I believe 10% is the high side for fees but we just decided for now it is worth the fees.

Here's the link if you are interested.
http://www.propertymanagementsa.com

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.