Real Estate
Sponsored by

Air BNB Insurance

1,914 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by RolloInsurance_Morgan
bullard21k
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Called my insurance company and my homeowners policy does not cover a one time air BNB listing ...for whatever reason they only cover it if it's 30 consecutive days of a listing.

Air BNB says they now have Host protection insurance built in for free, but apparently this is very limited and doesn't cover as much as you would hope.

Anybody listed on ABND and experienced this or know any details on the best way to go about this to ensure you are fully covered?
BrianDemarais
AG
I work in insurance, and this has been a very hot topic lately. Currently, there are not many (if any) options available through regular home insurance that will cover you for hosting an AirBnB guest. All of the insurance carriers that I write through have told me that it would need to be wrote as a commercial insurance policy to be covered.....That being said, I'll be very surprised if this is still the case 6 months-1 year from now. I would imagine that most carriers are currently working on some kind of way to incorporate AirBnB hosting into their regular home insurance policies. This same sort of thing happened when Uber/Lyft first came out and the insurance carriers eventually adjusted.
bullard21k
AG
Can you have a commercial policy written on top of your homeowners?

Ball park on how much that runs? Can you get it month to month or simply year long coverage?

Just curious how this would work
RolloInsurance_Morgan
Agree with Brian 100%. Companies are addressing this issue as we speak.

On the layering coverage question (commercial over homeowners), it can be done but every carrier is different and would have to be addressed on situational basis. I really couldn't give you a good ball park number. Feel free to PM me or email me (morgan@rolloinsurance.com) if you have additional questions or want more info.

Hope that helps!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.