Real Estate
Sponsored by

Flat rate listing

5,529 Views | 23 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Diggity
mneisch
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone have opinions or experience using a realtor that offers flat rate listings? More specifically, my wife and I have been looking at using Creekview Realty to sell our house. It is an acreage community outside Magnolia and that doesn't really act like a normal market in the city. Houses are still moving extremely fast (only 1 is on the market right now, and it's a spec home slated to complete in June), so with the right price I think ours won't last long. I am just having a hard time imagining where a sellers agent would add enough value to cover the 3% commission. We would of course still pay out for the buyers agent. Thoughts?
rjamizon
I'm a broker/Realtor and will match pricing for either of their packages. Shoot me an email at username at gmail.com.
Grosvenor
AG
In a hot market, straight FSBO or flat fee is the only way to go. I sold a house in the fall and paid $300 for the flat fee listing and 2% to the buyer's agent. Sold in 2 weeks.
mneisch
AG
Email sent
valtosca
AG
I'm trying ListingSpark.com... so far so good. TexAgs(Username)@ gmail.com if you have questions.
jmazz
AG
I'd go with rjamizon since they're a TexAg-er. I do full service, flat fee listings in Bryan-College Station. Other Houston area MLS options are The Listing Firm and Texas Discount Realty (based out of Austin but have agents in Houston).
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
quote:
In a hot market, straight FSBO or flat fee is the only way to go. I sold a house in the fall and paid $300 for the flat fee listing and 2% to the buyer's agent. Sold in 2 weeks.
just make sure you price it correctly,

tried to buy a house from a guy FSBO last year in a ridiculously hot market. house was worth 475, i offered 500, he wanted 580. and then came down to 515. i told him to pound sand. Bottom fell out and his house sat on the market for 9 months before finally selling for 445.
MAS444
AG
I love that story every time you tell it. Don't you just want to "check in" with that dude just to see how everything went....?
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
i really want to take a picture of 55grand and mail him a Christmas card...
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
actually i should probably write a heartfelt letter thanking him for being an idiot...
AGGIE WH08P
AG
Just curious, what did you end up doing?
If you used Creekview, how did it go?

There is a home for sale on our street and we are thinking me about making an offer, but if it gets accepted, a buying agents wouldn't have much work except the paperwork.
mneisch
AG
We actually ended up selling to our neighbors friend. They had been looking in our neighborhood for some time and just totally fell in love with our house. We used the standard TREC contract and a couple of the addendums they have. Dropped it all off at a local title company and they handled the rest. We close on April 22nd, so far a very positive experience.
Premium
AG
But did you list and with who/how?
mneisch
AG
Never listed it on MLS or worked with any agent, flat rate or otherwise. We had the offer before we even got that far.
Premium
AG
Awesome - how did you feel about your sale price? Seems like you'd get a little higher than usual if someone was wanting it that bad.
mneisch
AG
We sold it for our asking price (which was high for our area) minus 3% since neither party had an agent. We built the house just three years ago and came out 30K ahead. Nothing to complain about at all.
Premium
AG
Great!
mazag08
AG
quote:
We sold it for our asking price (which was high for our area) minus 3% since neither party had an agent. We built the house just three years ago and came out 30K ahead. Nothing to complain about at all.

Why minus 3%? The buyer doesn't pay that.
mneisch
AG
I gave up 3% since I was saving 6%. A minor concession in my opinion but ending with the same or more money (depending how you look at it) in my pocket.
S TX Aggie
Just wanted to bump this thread once again since the busy season for selling homes is about the arrive.

Anyone else have any recent feedback on flat rate realtors? Homes on our street are selling within 5 days to 2 weeks. Im tempted to use Creekview or one similar.

Anyone got any recent feedback?
jmazz
AG
12 Realty still offering flat fee, full brokerage representation in BCS market. Still a no brainer to use a flat fee brokerage in my opinion. With a little exposure and a realistic asking price, property is selling quickly. There are some flat fee companies that do 'limited' service listings but most all also have an 'add on' package where they'll do full representation. So that's just something to consider when looking at the different options. If you're in BCS, be happy to talk.
Niki@Houzeo

jmazz
AG
"These would be a better option compared to approaching realtors locally as they would usually only get your listing on the local MLS."

This is false. Our listings feed to 70+ websites including the 'big ones' like Zillow, Trulia and Realtor.com. So much of your post is wrong and bad advice.
johnson2012
AG
C- thread bump. Would not read again
Diggity
AG
You guys totally owned that bot.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.