Real Estate
Sponsored by

Comparison of Builders in B/CS?

3,488 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Big-Al
Trinity Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Trinity Ag
S
We are looking to buy in B/CS, and the listing often name the homebuilder, but we don't have any way of comparing the different builders.

Anyone have any insight into the different major builders in B/CS?

I get that some do more low-cost mass production, and others focus on custom, higher dollar houses.

Which builders stand out, and are there any we should be leery of?

Feel free to PM if this is sensitive on this board.

The Original AG 76
AG
What is you price point ?
Trinity Ag
S
quote:

We are looking relatively wide right now, from the mid-300s to 500 or so.

The Original AG 76
AG
If you have some free time I would spend a lot of time simply driving thru the new hoods all around town. See the signs, walk the houses. Make sure you drive out to the many developments just outside of town and to places like King Oaks. Since BCS is still too small to be over run by production builders you will find that the vast majority of new homes in your price point are built by the local custom builders.
Be VERY prepared for sticker shock, especially if you are from suburban Houston. I have found that $ per sq ft is about 25-50% higher than you will find in the mass produced Houston type neighborhood. You will also find out that no one is in any hurry to call you back nor respond with a quote. The guys are all chocker block full and don't exactly need to bust butt.....
Have fun.
tgivaughn
AG
I can give opinons on questions such as this via email then later phone.
The process would not be me saying "who's best?" for everyone has a forte.
The process would be more like .... these are the choices that suit us best, so given builder names associated with each, what might be some eyes-wide-open tips & insights?
If I haven't been able to inspect some/all, then I'd get you to find out names of their subs, e.g. concrete, framing ... maybe some others.
JenniferJennings
That is a pretty big range! I would look at Kinsmen Homes if you are looking in Castlegate 2 or in Austin's Colony...they are a bigger builder than some in town, but they have a local super that has built here for years...and in Traditions Southern Creek Homes has a spec they started over there...both of those builders are within your price point. I represent them both, so if you have any questions I am happy to answer!
07Texag
AG
Call Doug Smith with Topline Custom Homes. He has built several customs in Duck Haven. (979) 571-9088
tgivaughn
AG
Trinity Ag said:

Quote:

We are looking relatively wide right now, from the mid-300s to 500 or so.

Can you now share what address (or builder brand) you bought? How do you rate it after living there this long?
tgivaughn@juno.com
Big-Al
Do you live in Duck Haven? I am currently looking to buy a lot there.

Does anyone know a builder who can do a 4/2 brick home (min. 1800 SF) with a 2 car garage for around 200-225K with a septic system?

I am looking to build in a few years once I move from Houston.

I might serve as my own contractor, but don't have the subcontractor connections in CS.

Thanks everyone!
KaneIsAble
AG
Not sure if serious. The cheapest lot in the new edition is $105k.
Big-Al
Yes to clarify I mean the construction excluding lot value. That would be one tough budget haha
Big-Al
Sounds like the going rate is around 110-120 dollars per SF
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.