Real Estate
Sponsored by

Absolutely Stunning Custom Home?

623,940 Views | 4407 Replies | Last: 16 days ago by p_bubel
94chem
How long do you want to ignore this user?
dallasiteinsa02 said:

I don't think this is code in any jurisdiction.

1) Purchase life insurance policy for grandma.

2) Host Thanksgiving dinner.

3) Profit.
The Fife
dallasiteinsa02 said:

Have fun with the whole 'homeowners insurance' thing!
histag10
AG
The Fife said:

dallasiteinsa02 said:

Have fun with the whole 'homeowners insurance' thing!

And hope they arent using a government backed loan.
Robert C. Christian
AG
Why yes, I would love a full ceiling mural of the previous family as cherubs and angels!

434 Pickett Road

expresswrittenconsent
Damn. Lotta lipstick on that pig.
valtosca
AG
Robert C. Christian said:

Why yes, I would love a full ceiling mural of the previous family as cherubs and angels!

434 Pickett Road

SEC Ready!
The Fife
I'll give them credit - if they find someone who just loves Victorian it'll be an easy sale. Otherwise.....
histag10
AG
Posted to the general board, but deserves to be here. In Australia

https://m.realestate.com.au/property-house-sa-magill-131914778?fbclid=IwAR1qgnIXW4rnqTCPXXdkgrBc94PibJNEO3ICgtEun8kVXGSHy_YbhDZGztE
schwack schwack
AG
How I felt when looking at that Australian house:

LisaMarie
AG
I'm not a realtor but I love looking at houses online. I've driven by this one a bunch this week and finally googled it. Very...unique. Some of it is cool but just very unusual. Honestly I thought it was a school or church.

Edit because I'm an idiot and dont know how to embed pictures, so here's the link.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/5009-Ranch-View-Rd-Fort-Worth-TX-76109/29059419_zpid/?
Ol Jock 99
AG
It would certainly make an amazing fort for the coming civil war 2.0.
The Fife
I can appreciate the work that went into it, but some of the design choices made are just baffling. It's obviously updated only halfway and the updates are a mix of actual modern vs. generic suburban so it's like there are 3 thing going on at once here. None of them play that nicely with each other.

Anyway I see the potential, but it's going to take a very competent architect or interior and kitchen design person to make that happen. Bring your checkbook!
p_bubel
9350 Espada Rd

4/1
1,627 sf on 2.29 acres
$2,000,000

Days on the market 2,979

If at some point, say I dunno... 3,000 days on the market, do you change the list price?

Good grief, give it up man.
Ol Jock 99
AG
p_bubel said:

9350 Espada Rd

4/1
1,627 sf on 2.29 acres
$2,000,000

Days on the market 2,979

If at some point, say I dunno... 3,000 days on the market, do you change the list price?

Give it another 40-50 years and inflation may have finally caught up with it.
jtmoney03
AG
The pics really leave a lot of things to your imagination. Like cars running the stop sign and ending in your bedroom. And where you pull over to open your gate.
The Fife
Also it looks like there's a tombstone in the front yard. It's kind of obelisk shaped.
valtosca
AG
Ol Jock 99 said:

p_bubel said:

9350 Espada Rd

4/1
1,627 sf on 2.29 acres
$2,000,000

Days on the market 2,979

Give it another 40-50 years and inflation may have finally caught up with it.

Only need one sucker
p_bubel
Quote:

Your offer must come with the following promises: "I promise to enjoy the downtown city skyline and all it has to offer throughout the seasons. I promise to appreciate the small size of this home that is uniquely designed to make a bold statement. I promise to enjoy many nights on the large screened-in front porch. I promise not to gloat too much over the low price of this home I get to call my own."
N Pinto

JFC...
MAS444
AG
Well it is pending...
The Fife
A 600 sq ft house like that would probably sell for the same price here... with a 3 in front.
p_bubel

That might be the nicest horse trough/stock tank pool I've ever run across.

514 Madison

Quote:

In 1895, San Antonio pharmacist William C. Kalteyer and his wife Olga built this house, numbered 1217, facing South Alamo Street. The last member of the Kalteyer family to live in the house was their daughter, Gertrude. In 1974 the house was sold to the legendary Walter N. Mathis, who turned and moved the house to face on Madison Street, and the house became 514 Madison,
Mathis was an interesting character. He had what I like to call **** you money.
p_bubel
p_bubel said:

WTF?

Quote:

Unique home on 2.27 acres on 8th and 9th fairway of Northern Hills City Golf Course with a 1/2 court inside basket ball gym with 22 foot ceiling or 6 car garage, deck, hot tub and enclosure, infrared sauna, fresh paint, root barrier and foundation irrigation system, mature trees, 100% brick and 6.2 KW PV Solar System
I hope they find someone with cash, because it's only $300,000 out of whack with the rest of the neighborhood. Ugh.
Just saw the guy that did the purchase appraisal on this place lost his license due to this "home."
Post removed:
by user
p_bubel
Appraised it as residential when it should have been commercial, at least according to the state. (Hit the sales price though!) A highest and best use issue for the property. The building is now a commercial office. (I saw that a couple of weeks ago)

It's a weird three lots, and I'm not privy to the contract details, the middle lot is zoned R, the two side lots are commercial. It appears all three were included in the sale with the driveway improvements going through the commercial lot to the left.

The older zoning map is pretty clear that the house is zoned R while the two lots (one with the driveway) is commercial. They've since all been rezoned R-6 CD, which I've never run across before. Which allows commercial and residential.

Effin mess. I wouldn't have touched that one with a ten foot pole.
Post removed:
by user
p_bubel
I can turn down work. I do it all the time. Some jobs just aren't worth the effort or risk. Some I'm clearly not qualified for. The 1 bedroom new construction earlier on this page is an example of something I was "too busy" to take.
p_bubel
Clearly though, I would have turned down that job due to the zoning issues and told the lender they needed a certified general appraiser. (Commercial guy)
p_bubel
MAS444 said:

Well it is pending...
I just went back and looked since I brought it up again. It's been pending since January 24th.
MAS444
AG
Sounds about right.
Post removed:
by user
The Fife
p_bubel said:

p_bubel said:

WTF?

Quote:

Unique home on 2.27 acres on 8th and 9th fairway of Northern Hills City Golf Course with a 1/2 court inside basket ball gym with 22 foot ceiling or 6 car garage, deck, hot tub and enclosure, infrared sauna, fresh paint, root barrier and foundation irrigation system, mature trees, 100% brick and 6.2 KW PV Solar System
I hope they find someone with cash, because it's only $300,000 out of whack with the rest of the neighborhood. Ugh.
Just saw the guy that did the purchase appraisal on this place lost his license due to this "home."
That house is what happens when you stick two KB Homes together.
Post removed:
by user
The Fife
Well, that too. KB Homes stand out in San Antonio as being cheap, blocky, and low quality. They're basically a cube, and most have this lovely octagonal window in the front above the front door. I think the window is in a closet so a lot of the time you can see the studs and back side of the drywall from someone blocking it off.
AggieDarlin
AG
I don't even know how to describe what the hell is happening with this house

https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/11-Courtside-Cir_San-Antonio_TX_78216_M77045-29157?view=qv
p_bubel

I do believe that's the first time I've seen one of these hit the market here in San Antonio. At least in town.

W Poplar
First Page Last Page
Page 57 of 126

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.