Real Estate
Sponsored by

Absolutely Stunning Custom Home?

623,852 Views | 4407 Replies | Last: 16 days ago by p_bubel
rbcs_2
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Robert C. Christian said:

Neighbors listed their house for sale. I have never been in it and after viewing their pictures, I still have no idea what the inside looks like. Memo to self, don't skimp on the photographer budget

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1311-Salinas-Dr-Rockwall-TX-75087/55675786_zpid/?

The "total perv" view really makes the dining room come to life.
Robert C. Christian
AG
rbcs_2 said:

Robert C. Christian said:

Neighbors listed their house for sale. I have never been in it and after viewing their pictures, I still have no idea what the inside looks like. Memo to self, don't skimp on the photographer budget

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1311-Salinas-Dr-Rockwall-TX-75087/55675786_zpid/?

The "total perv" view really makes the dining room come to life.

Apparently this guy was the photographer.

sts7049
AG
somewhat relevant here

https://www.boredpanda.com/real-estate-agent-worst-home-designs-photos/

some of my favorites:

JMac03
AG
These photos are what nightmares are made of.
The Fife
The fabric on the toilet brush handle really tops the whole thing off!
p_bubel

I have garage envy (still don't have one) as much as any car guy, but I can't imagine any scenario where I would want a fenced off porch attached to one. (It's not a duplex)

Well maybe they just recycled a duplex floor plan...

Fairway Hedge
The Fife
I think it's either a duplex that was converted or someone who just used the floorplan for one for some reason. The brown beams excluding the one in the cathedral ceiling look like they're handling the load for the missing wall dividing the two units.

It still begs the question, WTF were they thinking exactly?
94chem
The Fife said:

I think it's either a duplex that was converted or someone who just used the floorplan for one for some reason. The brown beams excluding the one in the cathedral ceiling look like they're handling the load for the missing wall dividing the two units.

It still begs the question, WTF were they thinking exactly?
Home office? I wish listings had 2D floor plans in addition to the pics. I never can follow the pics through a listing.
dallasiteinsa02

I hope you dry your feet before getting out of the tub. That would be one nasty slip and fall.
Post removed:
by user
p_bubel
third coast.. said:

There is literally no way that house gets sold, right? No chance in hell a buyer would take that extreme violation of code. No one would insure that or lend for it, right? Hell my 2nd floor deck and boathouse were a huge point of contention with the insurance company due to the gaps in the railing.
They lender could require it to be "repaired" prior to close. And by repaired I would assume removed.
Post removed:
by user
expresswrittenconsent
How hard would it be to turn the duplex back into a duplex? The outside pictures looked a lot bigger than the listed square footage.
p_bubel
It was built as a single family home, it would be extremely expensive to have a new meter run, new kitchen installed and rearrange the layout/bathrooms. I doubt it would be allowed by zoning, too. (I have not looked it up)
p_bubel

Well I guess New Leaf has moved on from the medieval turrets to gothic arches. That's architectural progress, I guess. I can't wait to see what their renaissance period looks like.

Oof.

Trailside Ln
The Fife
Nothing says class quite like having only two street-facing windows.
Ulrich
Quote:

Overheard while potty training:
"Did you get it in the toilet?"
"I have no idea"
The Fife
Ulrich said:

Quote:

Overheard while potty training:
"Did you get it in the toilet?"
"I have no idea"
I'm going through that with a 3.5 year old right now and the struggle is real! He's getting good at wiping down misses at least.
p_bubel
That's a random ladder.... wonder where it goes.

Oye. Never mind.

Tree Crossing.
p_bubel

I never thought I would like a brutalist house before this one. Maybe the Pantera in the garage is clouding my judgement.

Mountain Laurel Ranch
Post removed:
by user
MAS444
AG
That's just bad ass.
The Fife
p_bubel said:

Oye. Never mind.

Tree Crossing.
Do you enjoy the sounds of kids running around right above you while you're trying to watch TV and relax? I've got the house for you! The lack of tape and mud over the drywall screws says this is 100% permitted and joists are totally designed to handle the live load.

Also, did anyone else notice the bonus hatch in the ceiling of the hatch room? There's another one up above this!
The Fife

Three car garage with high bays? YES PLEASE! I haven't seen a Pantera in a while, the owner has interesting choice in cars.

I think the seller worked with an architect on the place but ran out of money or lost interest when it came time for the interior design, given the lack of kitchen, storage, and random vanity in the bathroom. There's a story with this one.
Post removed:
by user
p_bubel
Yo dawg I heard you like stone accent walls and mirrors.

Hillcrest Dr
p_bubel
They were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.

Lots of half finished jobs in this "This 2 story custom hidden gem" that also never got central heat or air during the "reno."

Havana Dr
expresswrittenconsent
I see you went with the 2nd ugliest of the 3 hideous "throw 16 inch tile on a bathroom wall" choices.
p_bubel
More to showcase the second hand, well used, vanity.
p_bubel
I'm currently trying to find a comparable - well, anything, for this refi I'm doing. A $130k to $150k mess of a house with around $30k worth of outdoor kitchen, cedar post 20'x25' covered patio (very nice quality actually), built in fire pit and what I can only call very nice backyard urinal rooms.

It's quite the party pad. This job sometimes...
schwack schwack
AG
Nice how the attic pull down steps are right over the bed.
TXTransplant
This is a good one (although, I'm sure there is a "What did you expect, it's in Borger?" joke in there).

https://www.har.com/homedetail/200-golf-rd-borger-tx-79007/4348541

I especially like the two stone fountains randomly placed in the un-landscaped yard, the five light fixtures with three different designs (not including the recessed lights) in the kitchen, the not one but TWO ranges in the kitchen (Kosher kitchen?), the "open concept" feel of the staircase, and the carpet on the outdoor porch.
dallasiteinsa02
I don't think this is code in any jurisdiction.

sts7049
AG
do they even have building codes in Borger?
expresswrittenconsent
Borger is for the trash folk. Everyone in Umbarger says so.
First Page Last Page
Page 56 of 126

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.