Real Estate
Sponsored by

Absolutely Stunning Custom Home?

623,800 Views | 4407 Replies | Last: 16 days ago by p_bubel
p_bubel
How long do you want to ignore this user?
That's exactly what it is.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Glad you guys didn't get to see my listing on my home; y'all are brutal. I'll post it once we've signed at closing - just in case.
Gramercy Riffs
AG
I'm only interested in the quality of the photos, not the quality of the home.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
My photos were pretty good... only issue I had was that we accidentally left one of ours blinds in the front window closed, and the rest were open, so it stuck out to me.
Gramercy Riffs
AG
I know the feeling. Something insignificant like that happens on every shoot. The clone tool in photoshop is your friend.
p_bubel

511 Mary Louise

I just... well...

It's a big, ugly box. Just across the street from one of the prettiest high schools in the state for those not familiar with the area.

The Fife
The listing keeps using the word "renovated." That word doesn't mean what they think it does.

I think I could do something with some of the bones on that place but too do anything that would be cohesive across the entire house... that's a lot of work.
p_bubel
I'd tear it down and start over, but at that price and that area it would be tough getting the money back out of it. That big box was built in the 70's, I wonder what was on the lot before.

That said, I'm doing a sweet ass 1929 3,700 sf, Mediterranean estate in the neighborhood and it's going to be in the low $400s. It's not really a cheap neighborhood anymore.
The Fife
p_bubel said:

I'd tear it down and start over, but at that price and that area it would be tough getting the money back out of it. That big box was built in the 70's, I wonder what was on the lot before.

That said, I'm doing a sweet ass 1929 3,700 sf, Mediterranean estate in the neighborhood and it's going to be in the low $400s. It's not really a cheap neighborhood anymore.
But what about the house in King William?
p_bubel
Sorry, appraising a house in Woodlawn Terrace/Monticello Park.
Bobcat-Ag
Was there an open wall near the top of the stairs?
p_bubel
Nice catch.

$100 they had a recent roof leak. (Flat roof+there's missing drywall in several places.)
The Fife
p_bubel said:

Sounds nice. I look at that and think it's an incredible deal - in our part of town we're well over $200/sq ft but we bought in at $90 something only 7 years ago.

And if that square footage is original the place must be really impressive.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
The Fife said:

p_bubel said:

Sounds nice. I look at that and think it's an incredible deal - in our part of town we're well over $200/sq ft but we bought in at $90 something only 7 years ago.

Similar happened to me. Currently homes selling for $100 sqft in my neighborhood... we bought in in 2011 at $55 sqft (but she needed some love). We just sold at $95 sqft to move it - close mid-NOV.
p_bubel
The Fife said:

She needs a paint job:

[url=https://flic.kr/p/NBK6b4][/url]2018-10-24_10-45-50 by Paul Bubel, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/Qf9mQS][/url]2018-10-24_10-45-10 by Paul Bubel, on Flickr

The living room has massive wood beams and a massive fireplace. I'd post a photo but I think it's crossing a privacy line as it's too personal.

If the house was a mile and a half east we'd be talking in the million dollar plus range.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Found one quick - just so I can feel out the sense of this thread, am I on the right track? My take is "do the curtains match the drapes?"

Quote:

No Flooding During Harvey! Built on Two Lot! 7 Bed room, office , Gym and Game room! Live in Main residence with 5 Bed, Office, Study and Mater Downstairs , Total 3.5 bath 2 living area game room formal dining & living. Gym, Dry and wet Sauna in Separate quarters. Full featured luxurious guest house w living,kitchen, bedroom full bath Bedroom downstairs and small room upstairs, Have fun in separate Gym w Dry sauna and steam room with full bath. 3 covered patio,outside kitchen, pool surrounded by Oasis backyard and lush Landscaping. Exquisite home, made to serve every possible life style in heart of champion Forest. you can park 3 Cars in Garage or your boat as its extended. Back yard gate accommodate you drive in Via automatic gate and park 8 to 10 cars by the pool. 5 separate AC, Guest House Gym house, 1st Fl, Master , 2nd fl. This house is made to have privacy in Resident while party out side and have living guest in separate quarts & many more,..
https://www.har.com/s/7C5C0e5ef

3 cars in garage?

Is it just me or are the cabinets, meh?

Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
expresswrittenconsent
p_bubel said:

The Fife said:

She needs a paint job:

[url=https://flic.kr/p/NBK6b4][/url]2018-10-24_10-45-50 by Paul Bubel, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/Qf9mQS][/url]2018-10-24_10-45-10 by Paul Bubel, on Flickr

The living room has massive wood beams and a massive fireplace. I'd post a photo but I think it's crossing a privacy line as it's too personal.

If the house was a mile and a half east we'd be talking in the million dollar plus range.

That's really cool.
TXTransplant
That is a solid first contribution to this thread! Although, reading all those descriptions in the listing made my head hurt.

The two car garage is most likely a tandem - one side is two carlengths long and you park bumper to bumper. Very common up here in the HOU burbs.
Post removed:
by user
PhatMack19
AG
Went on a listing appt a few months ago. He just called back and I'm meeting with him tomorrow to list the house.

Any ideas on how I should market this?

p_bubel
RK
AG
I would market it as a "heil of a deal".
p_bubel
You're either going to get Hindus or Neo-Nazis at the showings. Should be "interesting."
histag10
AG
quaint airy(n) property
p_bubel
PhatMack19
AG
Supposedly he fixed it. I'll find out in the morning.
FincAg
AG
Ok I think I have one for you photogs out there. Do you think for $899m they could have taken better than cell phone photos?

https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/10321-Lynford-Dr_Dallas_TX_75238_M70918-01644?view=qv

Oh look a corner!

Any many more in the album.
JMac03
AG
FincAg said:

Ok I think I have one for you photogs out there. Do you think for $899k they could have taken better than cell phone photos?

https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/10321-Lynford-Dr_Dallas_TX_75238_M70918-01644?view=qv

FIFY.

Still not saying it isn't sheisty photos for a $900k house.
Buck Compton
AG
JMac03 said:

FincAg said:

Ok I think I have one for you photogs out there. Do you think for $899k they could have taken better than cell phone photos?

FIFY.

FincAg is just being pretentious by putting the m in there instead of the k. It's a Finance thing, more specifically an oil and gas thing.

Most people in Finance don't even use m vs. mm anymore, precisely for this reason. The inconsistency causes confusion.
FincAg
AG
Not pretentious but a habit and customary for the banks I have worked for and the reporting I do. No need to be snooty about it. Excuse me, I have digressed from the thread.
Gramercy Riffs
AG
FincAg said:

Ok I think I have one for you photogs out there. Do you think for $899m they could have taken better than cell phone photos?

You make a good point, but I'll add that those photos are very frustrating to see regardless of the price of the home. There's not a single image in the entire set that I'd feel good about charging money for.
94chem
Buck Compton said:

JMac03 said:

FincAg said:

FIFY.

FincAg is just being pretentious by putting the m in there instead of the k. It's a Finance thing, more specifically an oil and gas thing.

Most people in Finance don't even use m vs. mm anymore, precisely for this reason. The inconsistency causes confusion.
I hate metric money...

There was a discussion about this on page ~100 or so in the "Houston, we have a problem" thread.
The Fife
The value must be in the land because the finishes don't suggest half that.
First Page Last Page
Page 46 of 126

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.