Real Estate
Sponsored by

Absolutely Stunning Custom Home?

623,971 Views | 4407 Replies | Last: 16 days ago by p_bubel
ringrit
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I can't tell if I am horrified or impressed with this one. I think I would need regular Tetanus shots to live here though!

https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/4741-Texas-159-Hwy_La-Grange_TX_78945_M89018-35157?view=qv
RK
AG
i was with it right up until the shower curtain.
expresswrittenconsent
Shabby Chic in the middle of nowhere can be yours for just 1.3 mil!
Tree Hugger
AG
The sex swing by the breakfast area is a nice touch.
Tree Hugger
AG
https://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sale/61882810_zpid/32.605836,-97.102275,32.602045,-97.107323_rect/17_zm/1_fr/

What is coming out of this oven? It looks like it is foaming at the mouth.

TXTransplant
I actually think this house is really well done, but just count the number of times the agent used the word "custom" in the listing and photo descriptions.

https://www.har.com/22-highland-circle/sale_54764991
Legacy Work Spaces
TXTransplant said:

I actually think this house is really well done, but just count the number of times the agent used the word "custom" in the listing and photo descriptions.

Agreed. Very nice
Legacy Work Spaces - www.LegacyWorkSpaces.com

Office Space - CoWorking- Meeting- Virtual Mail-Technology
The Fife
ringrit said:

I can't tell if I am horrified or impressed with this one. I think I would need regular Tetanus shots to live here though!

https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/4741-Texas-159-Hwy_La-Grange_TX_78945_M89018-35157?view=qv
Built in 2003, but with more lead exposure than my house that went up in 1918.
The Fife
Did Sherwin Williams have a huge sale on gray paint, or did it finally take over builder beige over there in Texas?
Satellite of Love
TXTransplant said:

When I think top of the line appliances, Kitchen Aid does not even come close.
bad_teammate said on 2/10/21:
Just imagine how 1/6 would've played out if DC hadn't had such strict gun laws.

Two people starred his post as of the time of this signature. Those 3 people are allowed to vote in the US.
TXTransplant
Satellite of Love said:

TXTransplant said:

When I think top of the line appliances, Kitchen Aid does not even come close.

Haha...I didnt even think about that. But I'm pretty sure none of those "custom" light fixtures are actually custom. More like "one step up from builder-grade".
Post removed:
by user
TXTransplant
third coast.. said:

custom light fixtures are damned expensive. we went shopping for them the other day

Are you looking for something that's truly one of a kind, or just different from what you see everywhere else? I've bought quite few light fixtures online, usually with some kind of sale/discount, no shipping, no tax. Shades of Light is a good place to start, and once you find something you like, Google search it to find the best price. I've also bought a few from Ballard Designs (also on sale). But, yes, light fixtures are expensive.
Post removed:
by user
JMac03
AG
The Fife said:

Did Sherwin Williams have a huge sale on gray paint, or did it finally take over builder beige over there in Texas?
Gray is the "in" color. It's the main color in most remodel and new homes now.
Diggity
AG
yeah, has been for a while. I'm sure the designer folks are attempting to push another color so bored housewives feel pressured to paint (or move)
Post removed:
by user
The Fife
third coast.. said:

custom light fixtures are damned expensive. we went shopping for them the other day
That they are, and I'm not sure if the stuff we bought from DWR and Y Lighting even counts. I wish I could have a PH Artichoke Light for the entry of our house but they're 5 figures and that's just not happening.

Good to hear that they moved on from beige over there. Sucks for the people I know who went all-in with tan tile when the big boxes started moving a lot of it at $1.25/sq ft though. So far we're sticking with white walls in some areas and wallpaper in others. Somehow our little guy hasn't figured out how to mess those up yet.
Post removed:
by user
TXTransplant
That pink ceiling looks really great...almost makes me wish the ceiling in my master was pink!

Quote:

Good to hear that they moved on from beige over there. Sucks for the people I know who went all-in with tan tile when the big boxes started moving a lot of it at $1.25/sq ft though. So far we're sticking with white walls in some areas and wallpaper in others. Somehow our little guy hasn't figured out how to mess those up yet.

My house was built in late 2012...it just missed the gray trend. House is full of cream/light tan travertine tile, cream cabinets with a brown glaze, a cream/brown kitchen backsplash (that is quite large and completely open to the living and dining rooms), and cream/brown granite.

Gray is never happening at my house.
The Fife
You guys went to a lot more trouble than we did decorating! Everything we would have done will go away anyway early next year when we move out for a while.

Also the dresser for kid#2's room is out for repair. It's a ~1880s Eastlake piece I picked up at a garage sale a while back for next to nothing because of drawer runner issues and a really bad attempt at refinishing it. I stripped and refinished it in the original color but didn't have time to do the rest so someone else is doing that part.
p_bubel

I wouldn't have too many beers on that patio.

6722 Prescott Dam
Beckdiesel03
AG
It's pictures like that, that make me love SA . I'm not sure who would die first- My kids falling off the patio, the dogs, or me and the kids dad after some drinks on a Saturday night.
Post removed:
by user
expresswrittenconsent
third coast.. said:

i had insurance people measuring the width of the gaps in my deck when i lioved down on the bay. how is there not an insurance requirement for there to be some sort of barricade there?

I would guess because it is just a small slab and not a deck above a certain size but the experts here will know.

Flip side - best house in the neighborhood for summer slipnslide and for that once per decade snow.
The Fife
That one was definitely not in the area I would've guessed it was in. I was thinking outside 1604, between Bandera and I-10. Hope that tan house downhill from it is somehow protected against water intrusion from up above...
p_bubel
It's the part of town I grew up in (a little south of there)

There are some significant hills along this stretch of I-35. Just west of there at Nacogdoches and Judson is Comanche Hill. It's like the 3rd or 4th highest point in the county, around 1300 feet high, IIRC.

You notice these thing when you're on a bike at 12 years old.
The Fife
Today I learned. Also if you went to Judson you absolutely destroyed my school every year in football when I was in h/s in the early-mid '-90s. From what I remember we played them, Churchill, Westlake, and maybe Clark so we had only 1 win per year my last two years there.

Also I might have to go check that out next month. Kid #1 and I are flying over there on Thanksgiving and will be in Austin, SA, or somewhere in between for about a week.
p_bubel
I would have gone to Madison, but went to Central Catholic downtown instead. We sucked at Football. Thank God we stopped playing Judson my sophomore year, I got enough concussions in high school as it was.

If you're in the area, have time and want to stop by the dump to check it out feel free to hit me up.
The Fife
Will do.

I hung out a lot with someone from Central Catholic. He graduated from there in 2000 and his initials are WL.
p_bubel
He'd be 5 years younger than I.
p_bubel

WTF?

Quote:

Unique home on 2.27 acres on 8th and 9th fairway of Northern Hills City Golf Course with a 1/2 court inside basket ball gym with 22 foot ceiling or 6 car garage, deck, hot tub and enclosure, infrared sauna, fresh paint, root barrier and foundation irrigation system, mature trees, 100% brick and 6.2 KW PV Solar System
I hope they find someone with cash, because it's only $300,000 out of whack with the rest of the neighborhood. Ugh.
RK
AG
Scarsdale Surprise
94chem
p_bubel said:

WTF?

Quote:

Unique home on 2.27 acres on 8th and 9th fairway of Northern Hills City Golf Course with a 1/2 court inside basket ball gym with 22 foot ceiling or 6 car garage, deck, hot tub and enclosure, infrared sauna, fresh paint, root barrier and foundation irrigation system, mature trees, 100% brick and 6.2 KW PV Solar System
I hope they find someone with cash, because it's only $300,000 out of whack with the rest of the neighborhood. Ugh.
Outdated hot tub, outdated tile, indoor garage with vinyl tile disguised as basketball court. Can't even park an RV in there.
The Fife
It's like a Siamese twin made from two 1995 KB Homes!
First Page Last Page
Page 45 of 126

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.