Real Estate
Sponsored by

Absolutely Stunning Custom Home?

623,839 Views | 4407 Replies | Last: 16 days ago by p_bubel
oldag00
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That's how you dominate a thread!
p_bubel
Holy ****, I think you just won the thread.
The Fife
Anybody else wonder what a good arsonist goes for these days? I'm sure their neighbors do.
schwack schwack
AG
I would set my glasses down in there & never find them again. And apart from never being able to calm my nerves in there, I'd worry about cutting my @$$ on that tub tile and the weird tile on the patio doors that looks like the Blob or mold creeping up.
Hoyt Ag
AG
Looks like the mind of a Democrat. Probably has a Beto yard sign and Bernie bumper sticker on his Prius.
expresswrittenconsent
I think you're probably right. Definitely not enough cookies and potato chips in the pantry to be a racist trump supporter.
94chem
The Fife said:

Anybody else wonder what a good arsonist goes for these days? I'm sure their neighbors do.
I'm not sure it burns. I mean, hasn't it already been kiln-fired? And, as I learned in the flood, the only thing we got to keep was the tile. So, this may be indestructible, and might only be hideable by using one of those Chernobyl-type domes.
The Fife
You might be right. I can't imagine how much trouble it would be to demo all that tile. Except for the stuff that's on cabinets or walls, good luck with that!
TXTransplant
As the HOU board pointed out it's under contract - after SIX days! This is how I know people buying houses cannot be trusted to make logical or sound decisions.
The Fife
I guess someone found their sucker, or maybe there's a bigger meth problem over there than I've been told.

I couldn't afford that place if it was free.
schwack schwack
AG
Hmmmmm.....

The Fife
Somebody needs to paint that wood and shiplap the walls or the place will never sell!
94chem
schwack schwack said:

Hmmmmm.....

Miss Havisham
JaneDoe02
AG
WTF is going on here?

Check out this home at Realtor.com
$434,000
9beds 5baths
1488 Stokes Cir, College Station
https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/1488-Stokes-Cir_College-Station_TX_77845_M74380-91272?cid=other_shares_core_ldp
JMac03
AG
JaneDoe02 said:

WTF is going on here?

$434,000
9beds 5baths
https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/1488-Stokes-Cir_College-Station_TX_77845_M74380-91272?cid=other_shares_core_ldp
9 bedrooms? Fridge right when you walk in the front door? Multiple beds in the rooms? How many people lived in this place???
johnrth
JMac03 said:

JaneDoe02 said:

WTF is going on here?

$434,000
9beds 5baths
9 bedrooms? Fridge right when you walk in the front door? Multiple beds in the rooms? How many people lived in this place???

Cult? Polygamist family? Very strange.
The Fife
You mean you don't put your A/C on the front porch? A/C vents on the wall 12 inches above a bed? No random windows between rooms? You must have some high standards there!

This may be the first time I can't tell where the original house stopped and the additions begin. Also it's a new record for the amount of building done with leftovers. Hardly any two windows are the same!
schwack schwack
AG

Quote:

Not your typical property.
At least the realtor is honest in the description.

What's with the big truck - is a sand & gravel pit included?

JMac03
AG
schwack schwack said:

Quote:

Not your typical property.
At least the realtor is honest in the description.

What's with the big truck - is a sand & gravel pit included?

My friend (realtor) said the entire back yard is a huge sand pit. Like the entire thing. Massive. 3 bedrooms upstairs and rest down and very sectioned off.
94chem
The Fife said:

You mean you don't put your A/C on the front porch? A/C vents on the wall 12 inches above a bed? No random windows between rooms? You must have some high standards there!

This may be the first time I can't tell where the original house stopped and the additions begin. Also it's a new record for the amount of building done with leftovers. Hardly any two windows are the same!
I built it one piece at a time....
94chem
That house is right near the speedway. Maybe it was a rental for race carnies, if that's a thing.
tx1c
AG
Come on now!

Who here wasn't sold immediately when you saw the picture of the chickens?

This is how you sell a house
JaneDoe02
AG
Yeah, the chickens are a nice touch.
Diggity
AG
Also pretty close to Santa's Wonderland, for the seasonal Elf business.
p_bubel

Quality.

258 Gladstone
p_bubel
I'm trying to find a "comp" under 815 sf with 3 bedrooms. Always makes for a fun search.
The Fife
I got athlete's foot just from looking at that tile.
toolshed
AG
JaneDoe02 said:

WTF is going on here?

$434,000
9beds 5baths

I actually walked this house with a friend who liked the amount of space it had, and the price per Ft, I think? It was a horrible house!! I did all I could to steer him awar from the house.

The house was very cut up, every ceiling had a different accent feature, not done well. I don't even know what they were called, but definitely Mexican Heritage influenced.

Nothing matched, the upstairs was added on after the fact as well. All the windows were different, as stated. Different slab pours throughout the house. The best feature to me was the round turret shower in the master that steps strait into the bedroom, not the bathroom.

I think a large extended family or multiple families live there. Honestly, it needs to be pushed into the gravel pit and burned!
JMac03
AG
Quote:

Honestly, it needs to be pushed into the gravel pit and burned!
This is what my realtor friend said too.
ConroeAg94
AG
Whenever I am frustrated with my clients or listings, I come back to this thread to remember I have it pretty good.
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
https://www.har.com/508-colquitt-street/sale_13004511

This is the most Montrose home I've ever seen.

Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear Realty
Post removed:
by user
The Fife
Would it have killed them to run around with a dust mop before they took pictures? That place looks like the 'before' version of whatever it looks like now, and on top of it just about the entire lot is an impermeable surface. Good bones at least and it looks like the original trim and doors haven't been thrown away.
Post removed:
by user
First Page Last Page
Page 44 of 126

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.