Real Estate
Sponsored by

Absolutely Stunning Custom Home?

623,845 Views | 4407 Replies | Last: 16 days ago by p_bubel
Ol Jock 99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Gonna have to call foul on calling that beast a "McMansion". Once you are over ~8k sqft, you are in "Straight Up Mansion" territory. But it is hideous for sure.
p_bubel

Is this the world's saddest "bridge?"

Side Saddle Rd
The Fife
What is this? A bridge for ants?

histag10
AG

Is that a desk fan? In an outdoor planter?

Edit: Nevermind. Now it looks like a sombrero
p_bubel

Errrrbody up on the porch for the MLS photo. You at the end, pretend you're going to jump...

825 E Guenther St
dubi
p_bubel
Or maybe they're just really cool ghosts?
The Fife
p_bubel said:

Errrrbody up on the porch for the MLS photo. You at the end, pretend you're going to jump...

825 E Guenther St
Porch is guaranteed to support the weight of six, yes SIX San Antonio residents!

Also, $800K and only 4 pictures? WTF
p_bubel
No kidding.

Contrast that with a good listing, 425 King William.

(which has a couple of decent drone shots as well)
Ol Jock 99
AG
4 pictures might be overstating it too.

valtosca
AG

I have to give credit to my client for finding it

Listing Link
[url=https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/121-Carolina-St_San-Antonio_TX_78210_M81911-59207#photo0][/url]
[url=https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/121-Carolina-St_San-Antonio_TX_78210_M81911-59207#photo0][/url]
Kate Beckett
AG
That is....turrible
Post removed:
by user
p_bubel
  • 3beds
  • 2baths
  • 2,281 sf
  • 800 sf Casita

This drives me up the wall, including a guest house/separate detached living area into the overall square footage of a listing.

Dumb ass mother ****ers.
The Fife
RENOVBED
histag10
AG

They almost grasped the concept of shiplap.
sts7049
AG
shiplap on a budget?
johnrth
Looks like they bought too much flooringon sale and couldnt return it so they had to figure out to do with the rest.
RK
AG
could have at least hit it with a light sand and white-washed it.
JaneDoe02
AG
I can smell the cats through the pictures
https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/3707-Springfield-Dr_College-Station_TX_77845_M74134-72638
Gramercy Riffs
AG
Pictures 4-9 convinced me that the house was leaning, so I stopped there.
histag10
AG
Quote:

Cute, affordable 3 bedroom 2 bathroom home in Westfield Neighborhood of College Station. This cozy home features a split floorplan, with 2 bedrooms in the front of the house and the master bedroom in the rear. Home is a short distance to the MED, Baylor Scott & White Hospital, Kroger, and ding and walking/biking distance to CSISD Elementary and Intermediate schools! Home includes open living room, an addition on the rear of the home used as sun room/storage room, large storage she in the yard, and a dog run for your furry friends. Call your REALTOR to come see this great home today!

The description really makes this listing, in my opinion. What is "ding"? It has an open living room, as opposed to a closed living room? Dont forget the large storage she. I'm sure she is not as large as the realtor is making her out to be, though.

The "dog run" is a tiny, poorly fenced in area right against the back wall of the house using privacy fencing.

I'm not going to lie, I also love when "affordable" means "it's a piece of crap", and "cozy" means "tiny".

If anyone is interested in it, the price has dropped several times in the past month (since it was listed). Give it a week or two, and you just might be under 100k.
p_bubel

Quote:

Outside enjoy an enclosed open air patio finished out overlooking the huge back yard
What?
The Fife
Man those starter neighborhoods from the early 2000s really went to crap quick.
sts7049
AG
JaneDoe02 said:

I can smell the cats through the pictures
https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/3707-Springfield-Dr_College-Station_TX_77845_M74134-72638
i agree
Diggity
AG
This is the money shot

dubi
johnrth
The Fife said:

Isn't that how most all starter home neighborhoods end up? It seems to me any neighborhood that the houses are new and priced below $200,000 turn to crap within a few years. It legitimately sucks because most people looking to buy their first house can't really afford all the new $260,000 plus neighborhoods builders seem to building everywhere nowadays.
The Fife
Yeah, a lot of them anyway. What I did when picking a starter place back in the day was look for an infill neighborhood in an area that's otherwise holding up just fine. Especially if it's not surrounded by other starter neighborhoods. At least that way you can look at what else is going on within a certain radius and get a feel for general upkeep and health of what's around you. I paid about $112K in 2004 for a house built in 01 and even now the old neighborhood is still doing well.

It's a better idea IMO than going for an all-new area where KB, Centex, NewLeaf, ... are building in bulk. Those are the ones I really see take a dive around age 10-20, and I'm talking the neighborhood and larger area.
histag10
AG
We just looked for a house that wasnt outrageously priced per sqft that was under 200K (our max that we wanted to spend) and had at least some updates from when it was built in the early 1900s (old town).

Now we are pretty much screwed. We are doing a final push on our renovations, and will have a contractor come in to finish them up (paint, some sheet rock, grout floors, put up baseboards).

Yes, those are thing we could easily do; however, our moving van has already left with our belongings, and we are heading out first thing in the morning.

And to top it off, we are selling in the worst possible housing market here, and we bought at the height of the boom. I dont want to post pictures, I'm sure they will end up on this thread lol.

Anyone want a house in eastern Montana?
p_bubel
The Fife said:

They make good rentals, renters are generally **** for a neighborhood. (At the bottom end of the market) The neighborhood starts to take a dive and values stagnate or drop. More rentals hit the market.

Some of these neighborhoods rebound, but a lot do not.
Señor Chang
AG
Just saw this listing. Pictures include a shot of a decorative cat plate, a tiny door in their bathroom, and a nice shot of golf clubs and a gas canister at the end.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/3303-Outrider-San-Antonio-TX-78247/26405723_zpid/
histag10
AG
Alright, because I frequently take potshots at listings on here, I will give y'all mine. Be gentle. Also, in an area where realtor literally do nothing to earn commission. To the extent I've been informed I need to find someone to come dust and vacuum before she has showings.

I love my realtor as a person, and worked with her quite a bit through my last job, but it slightly infuriates me that realtor there do nothing (no open houses, no professional photos, no nothing)

http://www.realestateinglendive.com/listings-residential-glendive/results-116364p/detail-516R184789

Ol Jock 99
AG
The telephone pole really makes that shot special.
Ol Jock 99
AG
And I assume it was trash day?

Yeah, I'd be ticked too.
First Page Last Page
Page 37 of 126

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.