Real Estate
Sponsored by

Absolutely Stunning Custom Home?

623,813 Views | 4407 Replies | Last: 16 days ago by p_bubel
Furlock Bones
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TXTransplant said:

Another strange one...standard, unassuming red brick suburban two-story on the outside; medieval/renaissance fair fantasy on the inside. And it can be yours for just $2.285 million!

http://www.austinhomesearch.com/homes-for-sale/12504-Black-Mesa-Cv-Austin-TX-78739-199461286
i would bet dollars to donuts that the owner is in tech.
sts7049
AG
agree some stuff looks dated inside but the outside looks like it's been kept up/redone.

those views too...do want.
dallasiteinsa02
There is a virus on the first page of this thread. I get a pop up blocking it every time I go to this thread.
The Fife
After thinking about it for a little bit, I'm not sure if I've ever seen anyone there. Maybe it was someone's vacation home. That's the case for another one nearby at least.

Whoever took the pictures did a great job grabbing the outdoor ones at high tide. They really should've taken a picture at night where downtown is a lot more obvious. I'll get one if I remember this evening.
MAS444
AG
Yeah that's a great looking house/property. A little dated...but not bad at all!
SoTheySay
S
Senior Software Architect
The Fife
Since that one's not too bad, here's another neighbor selling their place. If you've always wanted your own personal Oval Office and FNC viewing area this one is for you!

These pics were taken after they've culled stuff over the last couple of years and rented a POD to haul a bunch more of it away to storage. I have no idea how people accumulate this much.

http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/1818-Chelwood-Cir_Charleston_SC_29407_M62630-95713

The Fife
Forgot this pic

Listing notes:
DO NOT PEEK BEHIND THE CURTAIN ON THE BOOKSHELVES! I REPEAT, DO NOT PEEK BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!!

dubi
AG
Now I want to peek behind the curtain!
sts7049
AG
definitely sex toys
histag10
AG
Collection of body parts
94chem
Parts of the castle home haven't been updated since the 8th century, while other parts appear to have been remodeled in the 1700's. Probably just a scrap and rebuild at this point. I do like the pool; perfect representation of either old Yankee stadium, or maybe the Polo Grounds.
AggieDarlin
AG
I hate when people cover up windows with furniture
histag10
AG
94chem said:

Parts of the castle home haven't been updated since the 8th century, while other parts appear to have been remodeled in the 1700's. Probably just a scrap and rebuild at this point. I do like the pool; perfect representation of either old Yankee stadium, or maybe the Polo Grounds.

Castle home?
p_bubel
A missed opportunity to not put a clock in that tower.

Nothing like a good ole over-improvement for the market area to make my day.
http://realestate.sabor.com/homes-for-sale/217-Caddo-St-San-Antonio-TX-78211-185666577
p_bubel
And what's with all the "castles" lately? Is this a thing now?
TXTransplant
p_bubel said:

http://realestate.sabor.com/homes-for-sale/217-Caddo-St-San-Antonio-TX-78211-185666577

As if a 3900 sq ft "castle" for $249,000 wasn't enough of a hint, Google Maps street view is a must-see for that listing! At least they had the good sense to replace the combination of chain link and chicken wire fencing before putting it on the market.
The Fife
Buy now and get the neighbor's broken down short bus for FREE!!! Your neighbors will all go daaaaam, esse! when they see you roll into the AT&T center parking lot for tailgating before all the Spurs home games!
Furlock Bones
AG
they actually removed the side turrets from the mini castle mail box.
TXTransplant
Furlock Bones said:

Haha...because the mini-turrets were just too over the top! Good catch!

Something else I noticed when I went back to check out the mailbox - the house does not appear to have a driveway, in the front or in the back. Google maps shows the sidewalk up to the front of the house, but there is no place on the property (front or back) to park a car. The driveway visible in the pictures appears to belong to the house next door (the one with the two old school buses in the yard and the lions guarding the front "gate", in the Google Maps street view).

So, I guess everyone, including the owners, have to park in the street?
p_bubel
There are two spots on the left side of the front photo, the concrete strips behind the fence.

Though, for that amount of square feet, there's 8 more cars parking on the street.
p_bubel
This "thing" sold a year ago for $81,950. Mostly finished, but an REO.

http://www.texashomesforsale.com/san-antonio/south/home/217-Caddo-St,-San-Antonio,-TX-78211/1172773
dubi
AG
REO?
RK
AG
Speedwagon?
dubi
Furlock Bones
AG
TXTransplant said:

Furlock Bones said:

Haha...because the mini-turrets were just too over the top! Good catch!

exactly
94chem
Quote:

Beautiful 3888 sqf its price to sale!!!
Why do they even try to write in English?
FincAg
AG
Definitely check out that house with google street view. Go back and see it and the neighbors from 2006 and the interim years. Damn.
Ol_Ag_02
AG
dubi said:

REO?

Real estate owned. Foreclosure property now owned but the bank.
histag10
AG
p_bubel said:

There are a few places like this in Midland where you just wonder what the hell someone was thinking to build a house like that in the ghetto...
Buck Compton
AG
The Fife said:

Since that one's not too bad, here's another neighbor selling their place. If you've always wanted your own personal Oval Office and FNC viewing area this one is for you!

These pics were taken after they've culled stuff over the last couple of years and rented a POD to haul a bunch more of it away to storage. I have no idea how people accumulate this much.

http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/1818-Chelwood-Cir_Charleston_SC_29407_M62630-95713

To be fair to the guy, if he has been running a home-based business for awhile (see the fax machine), that is understandable. It wasn't long ago that few things were digital and if you wanted consistent record-keeping you had to do it yourself and keep hard copies. I'm guessing the guy just never switched over to digital for all of his old records.
p_bubel
histag10 said:

There are a few places like this in Midland where you just wonder what the hell someone was thinking to build a house like that in the ghetto...
It can even be an over-improvement in a nice neighborhood. Still makes me question peoples sanity.

I used to drive by this place all the time. Nice neighborhood and in a nice part of town but absolute monster of a house...
histag10
AG
Our house is likely "over improved" for most of our area, but not in this way. Just in that our house has had major renovations since the early 1900s, and has had a new kitchen, bathrooms, and flooring put in. sad that most in my neighborhood arent improved at all, but most of my street is anyways
The Fife
I was referring more to the American flag, Trump sign and TV mounted on the wall. Also he had a whole bunch of Trump signs in his yard from last Spring through the end of the year and went as The Donald for Halloween.

We'll miss him after he moves - he's really friendly and takes his dog on a lot of walks while drinking ice tea mixed with whatever liquor you add to it.

edit: whatever is in that tea is pretty strong because he's a lot more talkative when he passes by a second time at the end of his walk. Now I'm kind of curious what's in it.
Vernada
AG
The Fife said:

I was referring more to the American flag, Trump sign and TV mounted on the wall. Also he had a whole bunch of Trump signs in his yard from last Spring through the end of the year and went as The Donald for Halloween.

We'll miss him after he moves - he's really friendly and takes his dog on a lot of walks while drinking ice tea mixed with whatever liquor you add to it.

edit: whatever is in that tea is pretty strong because he's a lot more talkative when he passes by a second time at the end of his walk. Now I'm kind of curious what's in it.
Are you sure it's tea at all?
First Page Last Page
Page 29 of 126

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.