Real Estate
Sponsored by

Absolutely Stunning Custom Home?

623,836 Views | 4407 Replies | Last: 16 days ago by p_bubel
dubi
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
2 bedroom, 0 bath.

Good thing the top floor juts out. They can just pee and poop out the 2nd floor window.
The Fife
It's like someone got a great deal on sheds and decided to stack two of them on top of each other.
p_bubel
Great googly moogly...

[url=https://flic.kr/p/MrQFpG][/url]oye4 by Paul Bubel, on Flickr

Lets put the drain pipe and faucet in the front of the new tub, no one will notice.

$335,000 worth of **** right there. Cripes.
p_bubel
With that, I'm done searching for comps for this refi. I need an effin drink.
Zemira
AG
Wtf
dubi
AG
WTF +1
The Fife
Northside or Stone Oak?

What a lovely looking overflow drain and cleanout they have there! That tub probably also has a version with the drain on the small side, but it still makes no sense to put a freestanding on there anyway. Especially when you're just going to tile on top of two sides of it anyway.

Money can't buy taste I guess, or contractors with half a clue.
p_bubel
Northside. Vista del Norte.
p_bubel
p_bubel
Midieval Times should not be building homes
p_bubel

Someone owns a red mulch making plant.

Effin lucky kids:

Link
p_bubel
This has been one of the more "interesting" comp searches I've had.
The Fife
Both of those have been landmarks for a LONG time!
p_bubel
9,450 sf lot in the middle of the city.

quote:
Please comment on whether there was any surface drilling for gas or oil on the subject property.

Effin A. These lenders...
62strat
AG
quote:
quote:
you know it's fancy when the addresses only have a digit or two.

LOL...that's a Woodlands thing! The vast majority of the house numbers are only one or two digits. A select few have three. None have four. Even my non-fancy house only has a two digit address.
Yep my wife's house she rented with friends in her early 20s was 9 Hasting Oak ct.

I do think the 5 digit address in burbs is pretty stupid. 4 is plenty.
The Fife
My first house number was 6. All 1,450 square feet of it.
Satellite of Love
Just curiosity, but why would a lender ask? There could be an old well in the middle of a city (assuming this Texas or some other O&G rich state)
p_bubel
quote:
Just curiosity, but why would a lender ask? There could be an old well in the middle of a city (assuming this Texas or some other O&G rich state)
Frankly, I have yet to figure it out. If there was a well on the lot, it would be VERY obvious and I would note it. You couldn't miss one in my photos or aerial image if I didn't disclose it. Hard to hide a well on a lot that small. And Bexar County isn't a significant player for either in this state.

Everyone must be JR Ewing to these people.

Had another question today about the portion of the property that was homestead exempt. (8,000 sf lot with your standard 2400 sf home)

1. What does it matter to my report?
2. Never heard of a homestead exemption being split on a property. (doesn't mean it's not possible)
3. People don't buy homestead exemptions, they have no market value impact. It's a tax issue.
4. Again, what does this matter to my report?

I used to get Ag Exemption questions for your bog-standard .12 of an acre homes within your typical HOA neighborhood inside the city limits till I pointed out to the lender/AMC repeatedly that there are lot size minimums for that exemption. Couldn't figure out what triggered that idiocy. It was very aggravating. Thought it might be the home was in an USDA approved area, but that wasn't always the case.

I spend far more time arguing with the lender/AMC than I do with a realtor or homeowner.
p_bubel
[url=https://flic.kr/p/MyyCGc][/url]Oye8 by Paul Bubel, on Flickr

Couldn't quite fit that staircase within the roof line boss.
Eh, close enough.

New construction I'm working on. Bonus points for it being in a floodplain and next to power lines. $194,000. People will buy anything.
Kate Beckett
AG
These are great. I love this thread. I come back every so often to laugh at the ridiculousness while I'm still living in my basic apartment haha.
TXTransplant
I think The Woodlands real estate has officially jumped the shark. A $950k townhome...

http://www.har.com/50-secluded-trail/sale_21443234

I'm pretty sure there are townhouses in this development listed as high as $1.3 million, but the one in the link above is the only one where it's clear in the picture. All the HAR listings say "single family home". Builder website says they are "attached".

http://www.har.com/67-lakeside-cove/sale_56487612
p_bubel

That's not a porte cochere.

Porte Cochere:

/pedantic mode off
Diggity
AG
I think Dikembe Mutombo must be doing photography in Oak Forest now.

...and nothing says HOME like sliding barn doors coupled with black accent walls!

2327 Chantilly Ln
dubi
AG
quote:
...and nothing says HOME like sliding barn doors coupled with black accent walls!
YUCK!
Zemira
AG
I agree Dubi.

Who paints their walls black? Are they trying to hide blood from a murder or something?
p_bubel
quote:
I think Dikembe Mutombo must be doing photography in Oak Forest now.

Gramercy Riffs
AG
This doesn't really fit the thread because the house is awesome, but I found this while looking through some high-end photography sites and couldn't pass it up.

"You know what would make this room better? Two wolves just chillin' under that table."

Gramercy Riffs
AG
Oh heck, why not... here's the bedroom:

p_bubel
histag10
AG
pictures of a lovely $225k 7 bed 3/2 bath home here. I cant imagine why it has been on the market for almost a year.

So we built the doorways, and then the ceiling

wiring conveniently available for anything you want to add

spacious bedroom with enough room for 2 beds.

Second kitchen, in case the first was too sketchy for you

p_bubel
That a finished out basement?
histag10
AG
likely. All the houses here have basements, though our soil isnt really compatible with them and most have serious issues
TXTransplant
Zemira said:

I agree Dubi.

Who paints their walls black? Are they trying to hide blood from a murder or something?

I'm wondering if that's chalk board paint. Still looks like crap, but it kind of makes sense with the sliding barn door trend. I can't imagine painting a wall black otherwise.
Post removed:
by user
Zemira
AG
I have really bad eyesight as does the rest of the family. A dark pantry would be a nightmare for us (we are just really blind!).
First Page Last Page
Page 16 of 126

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.