Real Estate
Sponsored by

Absolutely Stunning Custom Home?

623,846 Views | 4407 Replies | Last: 16 days ago by p_bubel
TXTransplant
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quote:
quote:
quote:
And probably my last for the evening. Kind of a bad trip to the 1980's style.

"IT'S DIFFERENT"

http://www.har.com/25-foxhall-crescent-dr/sale_40346929

ZOMG! Did you guys see the time stamp on all those pics?! This listing is from the future!!

So you mean these aren't even pictures of what the house currently looks like, but what it could look like in a year?

That's why I said in my post above that we should call this the Back to the Future house!
The Fife
quote:
quote:
quote:
And probably my last for the evening. Kind of a bad trip to the 1980's style.

"IT'S DIFFERENT"

http://www.har.com/25-foxhall-crescent-dr/sale_40346929

ZOMG! Did you guys see the time stamp on all those pics?! This listing is from the future!!

So you mean these aren't even pictures of what the house currently looks like, but what it could look like in a year?
Every picture is of you when you were younger. "Here's a picture of me when I'm older." "You son-of-a-*****! How'd you pull that off? Lemme see that camera.
Satellite of Love
Totes!
histag10
AG
came across this in some click bate on facebook. Found it relevant

Terrible real estate photos
Gramercy Riffs
AG
Fun with reshoots, August edition:

Furlock Bones
AG
excellent work.
Gramercy Riffs
AG
Thanks! There are some details I'd fix with more time, but I did four houses that day and all of them had Monday morning deadlines. Thankfully, these particular clients are ok with little things that I'd usually be picky about, so it's all good.
Zemira
AG
Can anyone hire you? I'm not selling my house, but I feel like without you I would get crap from this board when I do go to sell my house.
Gramercy Riffs
AG
I think as long as you don't have tiger print carpet in the bathroom or a painting of a skylight above your bed, you'll be fine no matter who does the photography.

(To answer your question - yes, anyone can hire me. I shot Frio's house earlier this summer after he posted on this thread. If a house is located in Austin, Galveston, or somewhere I can swing by on my way between those two cities, that's even better.)
FrioAg 00
AG
And let me chime on here and just say (1) he's a stud at his craft and (2) hell of a nice guy too.

BTW - we are finally under contract, and anxiously waiting for close
Gramercy Riffs
AG
Thanks! In fairness, your awesome house did most of the heavy lifting on that little project. I just brought the camera.

Congrats on the contract!
p_bubel
Oye...

[url=https://flic.kr/p/LD449r][/url]Oye by Paul Bubel, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/LD445Z][/url]Oye2 by Paul Bubel, on Flickr

How would you like to deal with those stairs everyday?
The Fife
I'd almost forgotten about those far north/northwest side hillside foundations.

The stairs I could deal with. Living in a place that looks worse than the Arrested Development house on the other hand...

dubi
AG
Paul, that is a awful!
Zemira
AG
I'd take a cantalivered house in California over those hillside monstrosities.
Furlock Bones
AG
is this in the Austin area? i feel like i came across this house on har not long ago.
p_bubel
quote:
Paul, that is a awful!
$360,000 and it too could be yours.

The ****tiest "realatively expensive" home builders I deal with.

It's funny about the Arrested Development house, here's some of their other work. The one I posted earlier is tame.

They effin love turrets.
p_bubel
quote:
is this in the Austin area? i feel like i came across this house on har not long ago.
Far west Bexar County. (San Antonio) Hwy 90 immediately outside Loop 1604. There ain't another house at this price for 2 or 3 miles. Foreclosure bait and almost all VA. I hate doing these.
Gramercy Riffs
AG
quote:

They effin love turrets.

Not that any of them look great, but it looks so incredibly out of place here.
p_bubel
The scale for the front entry is way off.
Furlock Bones
AG
then, i've seen a near replica of that house online in the Austin area. what i can't figure out is why the grey concrete foundation is just left that way. is there no way they can dress that up?
Gramercy Riffs
AG
quote:
is there no way they can dress that up?

The Fife
Turrets are worse than the KB octagon window. No way at all to play around that.

I remember seeing some ugly tall foundations around the Crown Ridge area way back when. Like this only not as bad.

Google Maps Street View
dubi
AG

No words! I'm not even sure what it is.
Zemira
The Fife
I'm confused, is this supposed to be a teardown? Someone obviously put money into this place recently.
Satellite of Love
Same as me Fife. Wtf is going on. Even from the realtor's description:
quote:
Original owner custom built home in desirable Frostwood situated on corner lot zoned to exemplary SBISD schools.

More like original owner has more money than sense. Why wouldn't you tear down and build something that is cohesive? They did a humpit add on to a ranch style. That "original" owe has to be old as sheet by now. A mid 60s house that is very modern with a 70s-ish aged owner....I don't buy it.
The Fife
It's sort of a 'design around this' challenge, but the kitchen and red room are the only areas I would start completely over with.

The green areas aren't as difficult to deal with... it would be easy enough to turn a useless sitting area back into a bedroom and to put some much-needed doors between the bedroom and bathroom. Why people sometimes keep this space open is beyond me. Paint the bedroom to return to sanity, along with what looks like a very nice set of cabinets in the bathroom white. Lose the side mirrors and mirrored walls in the bathroom because there are other things to do than clean them every day.

The hardware in the green bathroom is most likely something inexpensive and Chinese. Probably Fuzhidao or similar, they're all over ebay.

The 2nd bath needs to be redone completely but it's not a large area. Take out the red in the utility room and redo the half bath near the breakfast area because why the hell does a half bath need windows with shutters into the breakfast area? Do NOT use this bathroom if someone is eating nearby and you had Taco Bell or ribs the night before because there isn't a fan loud enough to cover up that chemical warfare.

A couple of the one story houses behind this one are much more my style.
Gramercy Riffs
AG
No new posts in a few days... how about another round of reshoots:

MAS444
AG
Check out this "mid century " modern masterpiece." Other than being built in 1955, I don't see any other signs of MCM. Also...must check out the master bath!

http://www.har.com/733-w-creekside-dr/sale_90948842
Post removed:
by user
Gramercy Riffs
AG
I wouldn't mind that one bit. The next time I've got a slow day down there (2 or 3 houses), I'll give you a heads up. If the schedule works out, I can always swing by on my way home. Island or Bolivar?
Post removed:
by user
Gramercy Riffs
AG
Even better. That's my kind of neighborhood. I've got an uncle on Lakeside. Love that place.
Post removed:
by user
First Page Last Page
Page 14 of 126

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.