Real Estate
Sponsored by

Absolutely Stunning Custom Home?

623,812 Views | 4407 Replies | Last: 16 days ago by p_bubel
Zemira
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My guess is the granite since I doubt they are selling the barstools with the house.

There is not a single photo of a bathroom in the 8000 sq ft monstrosity. And several photos were uploaded 3-4 times.

I'm guessing they snapped these with a cellphone or something.

Gramercy Riffs
AG
I guess there's nothing wrong with taking that picture (and a few of the others) to see if it does the job for whatever you're tying to show, but when you look at those results, why would you actually upload it? Whatever they were going for, it obviously didn't work. Just hit delete and move to the next shot.

That entire set is really frustrating. It's the kind of listing that makes me want to contact the realtor and offer some assistance, but then again it looks like the images aren't really a priority and I'd be wasting my time even asking. Shouldn't the seller say something?
Diggity
AG
You're not supposed to show your sign in Houston either, but people don't seem to care much.
Gramercy Riffs
AG
I just got a reply from one of the agents in Galveston. They said it requires someone (competitor) filing a complaint.
oldag00
AG
quote:
Perusing the HAR has become my Monday morning ritual.

The 77379 never disappoints...8000 sq ft for $49 per.

http://www.har.com/17318-de-chirico-cir/sale

For those of us not familiar with Houston, what makes this house cheap?
TXTransplant
quote:
I guess there's nothing wrong with taking that picture (and a few of the others) to see if it does the job for whatever you're tying to show, but when you look at those results, why would you actually upload it? Whatever they were going for, it obviously didn't work. Just hit delete and move to the next shot.

That entire set is really frustrating. It's the kind of listing that makes me want to contact the realtor and offer some assistance, but then again it looks like the images aren't really a priority and I'd be wasting my time even asking. Shouldn't the seller say something?

You've got to question the intelligence/good financial sense of a seller who agrees to pay a realtor 6% for what's in that link. Might as well just pay for a flat-fee MLS listing. But my guess is both the seller and his agent know that a 8000 sq ft house priced at $49/sq ft will eventually sell, regardless of what the listing photos look like - as evidenced by the fact that this property is under contract.

Really, it's the realtor shooting him/herself in the foot. Who in their right mind would hire that agent after seeing that listing? HAR says he has three other listings, two of which are residential lots. I know it's probably not easy to make a living as a realtor...at $389,900, I'm guessing you have to sell 6-8 homes a year to make a livable income. And there is a ton of competition out there, much of it with listings that look 1000x better than this one.

P.S. The house with the Tuaca machine is under contract! Looks like those spiffed up pics and better MLS description did the trick! I wonder if the buyer requested that the machine convey...
Gramercy Riffs
AG
quote:
Really, it's the realtor shooting him/herself in the foot.
I wish that more people realized this. I've had the talk with several of my clients. You're not just selling a home, you're selling yourself in the battle to get the next listing.
TXTransplant
quote:
quote:
Perusing the HAR has become my Monday morning ritual.

The 77379 never disappoints...8000 sq ft for $49 per.

http://www.har.com/17318-de-chirico-cir/sale

For those of us not familiar with Houston, what makes this house cheap?

Go to HAR.com and set your search criteria to Harris County and from $40-$50 per sq ft. This is the first/most expensive listing. The second listing I'm pretty certain has a mistake in the square footage. The rest are clearly foreclosures and/or "investment properties" that look like slums. Most are in pretty bad neighborhoods, too.
Diggity
AG
some agents purposely go for the amateur look when doing these "investor" style listings. It gives buyers the impression that they're getting some sort of deal.
The Fife
quote:
My guess is the granite since I doubt they are selling the barstools with the house.

There is not a single photo of a bathroom in the 8000 sq ft monstrosity. And several photos were uploaded 3-4 times.

I'm guessing they snapped these with a cellphone or something.

The red teakettle conveys, or if it were a listing here it would read

The Red TeaKettle CONVEYS!!!!
NEW HVAC installed (2003). Motivated sellers so bring all offers. If square footage is important MEASURE!!
AgLiving06
Found this gem:

http://www.har.com/5706-capello-dr/sale_20794704

With the quote:

quote:
Beautifully-maintained and remodeled, this charming home is owned and occupied by an architect/interior designer. It offers three bedrooms with comfortable, easy living on one level; plus it is located on one of the most desirable streets in the subdivision, with a low traffic count because of the short length of the street. Known for its large oak trees and its professionally-landscaped gardens, this home has twice been named as winner of the ''Yard of the Month.''
SoTheySay
S
So they painted and cleaned the grout?
histag10
AG
Remind me to never have the current owner of that house design a building/home or decorate for me
Ragoo
AG
quote:
Found this gem:

With the quote:

quote:
Beautifully-maintained and remodeled, this charming home is owned and occupied by an architect/interior designer. It offers three bedrooms with comfortable, easy living on one level; plus it is located on one of the most desirable streets in the subdivision, with a low traffic count because of the short length of the street. Known for its large oak trees and its professionally-landscaped gardens, this home has twice been named as winner of the ''Yard of the Month.''

i would bet $100 the builder of that house built my grandparents up hilcroft almost to s braeswood.
p_bubel
quote:
Found this gem:

With the quote:

quote:

Christ. Is there any absolute bull**** they won't post at this point? Paint and ugly ceiling fans are not a remodel.
The Fife
quote:
Found this gem:

With the quote:

quote:

I like the bathroom in pictures 13 and 15, hardwood and the terrazzo in the entry. The rest of the interior is pretty generic.
The Fife
Another example of not even trying when the realtor takes pictures.

If the listing agent would have taken a picture from across the street it wouldn't have looked like an overgrown jungle and would have showed that there actually is a front yard. This one is close to where we live, it will still probably go in a few days with multiple offers. With the right kind of remodel it could turn out pretty nice, unless they want to fight the architecture and go southern plantation with it. The place was foreclosed on a couple of years ago, maybe even in 2013.
histag10
AG
quote:
This recently updated and remodeled apartment complex has 7 units which produce over $5000 monthly when full. This apartment complex has 1 - studio apartment, 3 - one bedroom, one bath units, 2 two bedroom, 1 bath units and 1 - 2/3 bedroom 2 bath unit.

This is the kind of "updated" and "remodeled" homes we have up here. It's sad really.

http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/117-S-Sargent-Ave_Glendive_MT_59330_M85950-80505#photo0
Gramercy Riffs
AG
quote:
Another example of not even trying when the realtor takes pictures.

If the listing agent would have taken a picture from across the street it wouldn't have looked like an overgrown jungle and would have showed that there actually is a front yard.
This is a great example of a property that would benefit from a pole shot. You don't have to go too high to get the right angle - just about 10-12 feet up would get a view of the house beyond all that greenery and still have the yard in the foreground.
The Fife
quote:
quote:
This recently updated and remodeled apartment complex has 7 units which produce over $5000 monthly when full. This apartment complex has 1 - studio apartment, 3 - one bedroom, one bath units, 2 two bedroom, 1 bath units and 1 - 2/3 bedroom 2 bath unit.

This is the kind of "updated" and "remodeled" homes we have up here. It's sad really.

http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/117-S-Sargent-Ave_Glendive_MT_59330_M85950-80505#photo0
Wow, that's some cheeeeeap oilfield housing. Same finishes I see used in the worst parts of town whenever someone remodels something.
histag10
AG
I like how they seem to forget they had appliances, so they randomly put the stove in front of the cabinets.

Most housing here is a bit higher, and significantly higher 60 miles away in the Bakken. We are just outside of it. But I see things like this and wonder if I'm over renovating my home. I don't live in the nicest part of town, but far from the worst area.
AgLiving06
quote:
Remind me to never have the current owner of that house design a building/home or decorate for me

My first thought too as I looked at it.
Satellite of Love
I've looked through the photos a few times, and where is the remodel?
p_bubel
[url=https://flic.kr/p/JEscng][/url]cliff by Paul Bubel, on Flickr

Not going to have to worry about trick-or-treaters bothering with this place.
The Fife
Yo dawg, we heard you liked concrete...

The other pics reminded me of how people in SA paint every-dam-thing the same shade of builder beige, including the ceiling, for probably 15 years now. I really thought it would be over by now.
p_bubel
Builder beige is still going strong. Ugh.
Zemira
AG
quote:
Builder beige is still going strong. Ugh.

It's a step above builder white of the past.
p_bubel
100% agree with that.
The Fife
Cheap white is pretty bad, but with a good quality paint and modern architecture and decor the right shade of white can be great. But yeah, KB, Centex and all the others wouldn't have had either.
powerbiscuit
Beige is awesome
Post removed:
by user
p_bubel
The Fife
GOOD LAWD

I thought carpeted bathrooms and elevated tubs were extinct! What you have the opportunity to buy right there is a genuine time capsule to the early 1980s.
Zemira
AG
quote:
GOOD LAWD

I thought carpeted bathrooms and elevated tubs were extinct! What you have the opportunity to buy right there is a genuine time capsule to the early 1980s.

I have also found the carpeted bathroom stylings in late 1970s homes. I think it became the "thing" about 1977.
RK
AG
it's gotta be pube city all up in that carpet. ugh.
First Page Last Page
Page 9 of 126

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.