Real Estate
Sponsored by

Absolutely Stunning Custom Home?

623,795 Views | 4407 Replies | Last: 15 days ago by p_bubel
Gramercy Riffs
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:

speaking of "low" photos, not only can you see the underside of the upper cabinets, you can see under the countertops

My goodness..... WHY?!?!?!
The Fife
quote:
quote:

speaking of "low" photos, not only can you see the underside of the upper cabinets, you can see under the countertops

My goodness..... WHY?!?!?!
They wanted to highlight the cheapness of every building material used in the room, plus accent the bright gloss paint on the bathroom walls.
Jason C.
AG
quote:
What is the deal with waist level photographs? They look horrible.

Waste level
powerbiscuit
quote:
quote:

Waste level
The Fife
quote:
quote:

Waste level
If you OD in this bathroom, here's your departing view.
Gramercy Riffs
AG

I get to reshoot this one tomorrow. Solid work on the shower.

powerbiscuit
quote:

I get to reshoot this one tomorrow. Solid work on the shower.

If you want to get a good shot, get down on your belly and do it right. Don't half ass it.
Gramercy Riffs
AG
Gotta show off that custom drain!

(I hesitate to mention it, but I've gotten on my belly for a fireplace shot before. Not one of my finer moments, and the result wasn't worth it anyway. Never again...)
Gramercy Riffs
AG
Better hide behind the door for this one. Wouldn't want anyone to notice the camera.

powerbiscuit
I'm just glad to know I'm not totally crazy. I kept seeing those super low photos and wondered what I must be missing.
Gramercy Riffs
AG
It's really just meant for other rooms in the house. This isn't the best photo, but it's a quick example of how the lower angle works in a bedroom.

Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
The Fife
quote:
this is the second photo on a listing......

Their third picture really accentuates the rotting LP siding.
Gramercy Riffs
AG
A few images from Saturday's reshoot:

Diggity
AG
IDK.. That first set of pics was pretty compelling
Gramercy Riffs
AG
I was told "make sure to get some good shots of the exterior... that's all I really need as far as replacement images."

So I guess everyone was cool with the way that first bathroom looked.
The Fife
quote:
I was told "make sure to get some good shots of the exterior... that's all I really need as far as replacement images."

So I guess everyone was cool with the way that first bathroom looked.
The first bathroom pic looked pretty dark and nasty. Hard to believe it's the same place, and kind of scary they didn't even notice how bad the picture was!
Gramercy Riffs
AG
I first noticed this listing several months ago, and when I knocked on the door I thought I had a pretty good idea of what the place looked like. But it was like walking into a completely different house.

I made the same assumption with Frio's house that he linked a few pages back. But getting to shoot that one was an eye opener as well. Very cool house. Hopefully the new photos will work out a little better for him.
FrioAg 00
AG
I cannot wait to see them, and feel free to post any before and after shots you want here. I think it highlights the value a professional beings to the table.
p_bubel

[url=https://flic.kr/p/JL8Hua][/url]bath by Paul Bubel, on Flickr

You had one effin job.

Just caught this in the agent remarks:
quote:
Listed for comp purposes - under contract to tenant

****ing idiot sold the place below market value (left 15k on the table easily on a 145k home) and wants to place it on the MLS for comp purposes?

WTF?!?

They should lose their license.

The Fife
The house is either located in Australia, or was built by KB Homes.
p_bubel
quote:
Remarks: this is potentially of commecrial place being built here it is zoned r-06 8245 eckhert road lots of ideas can go here. buyer will have to apply for zone change! can be split up into two acres. call for details
DOM/CDOM: 520/ 557

8245 Eckhert Road 78240

2 acres and 1400 sf for $785,000. Good grief.
TXTransplant
Perusing the HAR has become my Monday morning ritual.

The 77379 never disappoints...8000 sq ft for $49 per.

http://www.har.com/17318-de-chirico-cir/sale_60173959

And this one down in Clear Lake, just because it has a hot tub in the billiard room (is that even legal?)!

http://www.har.com/1302-davon-ln/sale_54670542
powerbiscuit
quote:

And this one down in Clear Lake, just because it has a hot tub in the billiard room (is that even legal?)!

first description of the home in your first listing...

quote:
Gorgeous Executive Home Just under 8000 SF located on cul-de-sac with Hugh Rooms and High Ceieling

Hugh Rooms. Awesome, but I don't have any friends or relatives named Hugh.
SECond2noneAgs
AG
quote:

TXTransplant
quote:
quote:

Ok...let me rephrase - Would it have been approved via a permit? I would think the electrical alone would have required one.
SoTheySay
S
Not super exciting but an agent listed a propert with a description that said something like "You won't find another X townhome this gorgeous!"

So I listed a more gorgeous one the next day.
The Fife
quote:

The listing agent's picture was taken the same year this hot mess was built. From overhead that neighborhood looks full of absolutely ridiculous rooflines. That has to be at least a $25,000 roof and I don't even want to know what it would cost to bring a place that big out of the 1980s.

quote:

That is some weird tile on the entry floor. From the front door it doesn't quite look like it's set at a 45 degree angle, I can't figure out what's going on there. It doesn't look like it's straight with any of the rooms.
Gramercy Riffs
AG
quote:

Question for anyone who may know the answer to this... When I shoot properties, I always remove the signs from the front yard (either physically remove them if they're stuck in the ground or clone them out in photoshop if they're attached to a balcony or fence or something). I'd do it anyway because I think it's good practice, but I was told that the agents get fined if their contact info on a sign is visible in a photo. Is that the case across the board, or could that simply be a local MLS rule? There's a pretty blatant example of it in the listing above.
SoTheySay
S
It is true in BCS.
AGGIE WH08P
AG

Gramercy Riffs -- you using a 50mm or 35 mm lens? Of just a typical 18-200 with a really low f#? Great quality though!

Shooting photography is kind of a new hobby of mine.
Gramercy Riffs
AG
Thanks, I appreciate the compliment.

35mm isn't wide enough for most interior shots. 24mm is usually the sweet spot. If you have a crop sensor, you'll need something even wider (for instance, a Canon with a 1.6 crop factor would mean you'd need to shoot at 15mm to get the same view as a 24mm on a full frame camera).

The Canon 10-22 is a popular lens for real estate. I use a Tokina 11-16, and I usually park it at 15 if I can help it. There will be some distortion on the edges when you go that wide, but I've got some settings that correct for that and give me a good starting point in post.

Most of my shots using only ambient light are f/8. When I need to use flash (single strobe or multiple pops) to light the space, I adjust that up or down accordingly to get the proper window exposure. Anywhere from f/5.6 to f/11.

A tripod is a must, since so many of the images will require blending exposures.
Zemira
AG
I can't decide what this is supposed to be a photo of

And is the electricity off and the photographer not own a flash??
The Fife
quote:
I can't decide what this is supposed to be a photo of

And is the electricity off and the photographer not own a flash??

Low end granite?

I assume power works, the lights on the fridge door are on.
First Page Last Page
Page 8 of 126

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.