Real Estate
Sponsored by

Absolutely Stunning Custom Home?

623,745 Views | 4407 Replies | Last: 15 days ago by p_bubel
The Fife
How long do you want to ignore this user?
That looks like at least a couple of houses I went to back in SA. What's the neighborhood?
p_bubel
Sonoma Ranch off Kyle Seale Parkway. (Helotes-ish)

I didn't run into any 1.5 story front steps on this one. The only nice thing about some of these two story garages are when owners put in car lifts.
The Fife
Yep, I knew it had to be familiar for a reason. I knew someone on Feather Bluff and another on Essen Forest and we were over there at least one/week. A friend of a friend somehow managed to get a pool into their back yard at the neighborhood your picture came from. There was hardly a square foot of flat ground on that lot but they did it somehow.
p_bubel

quote:
storage shed, & zero-scaped yard for low maintenance.

p_bubel
quote:
DOM/CDOM:

2036/ 2036

WILL LOOK AT ALL OFFERS

Apparently you will not.

At what point do you cut and run from a listing? 2,036 days on the market and not one price change.
MAS444
AG
Here's a great listing. http://www.har.com/235-chimney-rock-rd/sale_15330488

Among various instances of misspellings and poor grammar, we have an "inviting mid-century"..."rustic-western chic"..."mid-western feel (assuming this is some little known variation of a mid-century)"..."minimalist vibe"..."Santa Fe hues"...home.

Krussian
Is that a telephone by the crapper in one of the pictures?
Diggity
AG
she sure does go through a lot of effort to dress up a terd that looks to be close to lot value.
The Fife
It's been remuddled pretty badly, but it's salvageable. The place is a better starting point than where we live. Turrible addition of "rustic" to a place designed to be the opposite of that.
Diggity
AG
the bigger question to me is why did HCAD raise the guys market value 43% this year and his next door neighbor only 14%.

They jacked up with improvement value by 227% this year when the last recorded remodel was in 1998 but didn't touch his neighbors improvement value.

Somebody needs to be protesting.
MAS444
AG
I actually like the house and the mid-century "vibe." Not sure about being on Chimney Rock and directly on a bayou/tributary though. But yeah...that's probably close to lot value...
Post removed:
by user
SoTheySay
S
One of my favorite views!
SoTheySay
S
One of my favorite views!
The Fife
Your bread will have a wonderful view of the kitchen!

That kitchen in general seems just a little off... I can see the beginning and end of each sheet of mosaic tile on the backsplash. It's a flip?
p_bubel
quote:
Int.St./Dir:Take IH10 and then exit on Probandt and take it north, then take left on Helena St. and you're there baby... oh you're totally there!

WTF?

At least it's an improvement over "see google."

Post removed:
by user
p_bubel
I'm happy to add more, just didn't think it was getting that much attention.
p_bubel
quote:
what listing is that from? that is too uch.

i wish this thread had more action, it is one of my favorite thread.s
Some flipped shack at 302 Helena St, San Antonio, TX
Post removed:
by user
p_bubel
I ran across a toilet in an atrium last week and didn't post it. Can't find it now.

God, I love this town. They don't care one lick about permits.
Post removed:
by user
p_bubel
[url=https://flic.kr/p/Hq2mGE][/url]atrium by Paul Bubel, on Flickr

501 Oakwood Dr, San Antonio 78228

Listed for $279,900 sold for $320,000 which is pretty nuts in this town. 4,100 sf on hill overlooking the city and surrounded by cheap neighborhoods.
Post removed:
by user
TXTransplant
I happened across a terrible MLS listing earlier this week and it reminded me how much I love this thread. Y'all have great timing!
SECond2noneAgs
AG
Just now discovered this thread. I peruse HAR almost daily and regularly come across awful listings, so I'll try to contribute.
The Fife
quote:
[url=https://flic.kr/p/Hq2mGE][/url]atrium by Paul Bubel, on Flickr

501 Oakwood Dr, San Antonio 78228

Listed for $279,900 sold for $320,000 which is pretty nuts in this town. 4,100 sf on hill overlooking the city and surrounded by cheap neighborhoods.
I thought you were going to say it was the big place just outside 410 between Babcock and Glencrest that someone was working on for years.
p_bubel
quote:

I thought you were going to say it was the big place just outside 410 between Babcock and Glencrest that someone was working on for years.
I love that nutty neighborhood.
p_bubel
[url=https://flic.kr/p/GLaFib][/url][url=https://flic.kr/p/GLaFib][/url]
backyard by Paul Bubel, on Flickr

Stunning backyard, eh?
The Fife
Rivermist?
The retaining wall used to be about 30 feet thataway ------->

p_bubel
Good guess, but no.

I've done one or two appraisals along near that retaining wall in rivermist, ouch.

This was some minor 2 street development inside Loop 410 along Ingram. Another case of a builder has a set of plans and will shove the house anywhere.
FrioAg 00
AG
Ok, I'm likely to regret this but I'd love to here the critics tell me what o can do to improve our listing.

It seems to me to be well priced (draws big open house crowds) but we are 5 weeks in and no significant interest yet.

What am I missing?

http://www.har.com/u/03739734
03_Aggie
A million dollar home with low oil prices? That and no garage?

House looks damn nice otherwise.
SoTheySay
S
Personally, I would change up the sitting area. It looks... Creepy? with just the two chairs. I'd ditch the chevron rug and if you can, move the toddler bed out.
First Page Last Page
Page 4 of 126

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.