Real Estate
Sponsored by

Absolutely Stunning Custom Home?

623,784 Views | 4407 Replies | Last: 15 days ago by p_bubel
MrJonMan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Oh I've seen much worse, I just think it's ridiculous that an agent stands to make $10K+ on a home and won't shell out a couple hundred for a professional photographer.

This.....blows my mind that agents cheap out & do the pics with their iPhone or a cheap point & shoot.
agracer
AG
quote:
This has to be an illusion, right? $1.2 million and nobody noticed that you can't open the drawers to the vanity?

Look again, yes you can.
p_bubel
quote:
GREAT OPPORTUNITY TO LIVE IN SOUGHT AFTER CIBOLO. SPACIOUS OPEN FLOOR PLAN, WITH OVER 1900 SQ.FT. VERY NICE MONOLITHIC COVERED PATIO AND YARD. A MUST SEE TO APPRECIATE.

Monolithic?

And did they go next door to get the patio photo?

Post removed:
by user
JDCAG (NOT Colin)
AG
Nothing says "I care" like a photo from a poor angle that includes the edge of the window frame and a good deal of reflection/glare.
powerbiscuit

NTREIS# 13178827

4,372 sf
3,404.085 ac
$459,000

deal of the century

Great job realtors, it's only been on the market two weeks. I'm sure you'll correct the acreage in time.
p_bubel
I had some new construction realtor list an entire neighborhood at negative acreage a couple of days ago.

-.25, -.15, etc.. Really caused problems trying to run comps and collect accurate market data. I have no idea what they were trying or thinking.
The Fife
quote:

NTREIS# 13178827

4,372 sf
3,404.085 ac
$459,000

deal of the century

Great job realtors, it's only been on the market two weeks. I'm sure you'll correct the acreage in time.
Their surveyor nailed it. Down to the 1/1,000th of an acre!
p_bubel
Some fun zoning.

The right is C1 the left R2.

Got three homes with both zoning going on. I have never seen that before.
Figured it was a GIS error, but according to the city it's not.
The Fife
How can the city have part of a lot as one zone and another part as a different one?
Post removed:
by user
p_bubel
No kidding. There are some very "interesting" design choices going on.
The Fife
quote:
You're going to love how unique the 1st floor is!
I see a snowboard at the bottom of the stairs...
quote:
Wine storage under the stairs!
Dafuq is going on there?
quote:
Formal living room has tasteful mural
Is that a big dead, red tree?
quote:
Formal dining room
AKA bike storage. Nothing too weird going on in here at least.
quote:
The den has crown molding
And some 5' speakers and a huge chess set on the table.
quote:
And a gas log fireplace
Wait, what's that in the corner?
quote:
Built ins in the background

Holy crap, there's a huge bear!
quote:
Kitchen with expansive island and pot/spice holders
Were they abused by wall cabinets at an earlier age?
quote:
5 burner gas range
Ok, there's one. If your backsplash has to go up 7' maybe you need to evaluate how you're cooking things.
quote:
The powder bathroom with glass vessel sink
She should tell them someone reversed their mirror and painting because they haven't noticed yet.
quote:
Oversized master suite
If you took your shoes off while coming in, put them back on before entering this room!
quote:
The master bathroom has double vessel sinks
And more disgusting carpet in the bathroom, just like grandma's trailer!
WorthAg95
AG
Am I the only one who sees no wine in the wine storage? That house is...I just don't know.
Post removed:
by user
Diggity
AG
I like the random plush giraffe on the couch considering his next chess move and the Stuart Smalley quote in the powder room!
NorthHollywoodHenry
AG
Just came across this listing in the Heights (in a good, but not great part of the Heights) for $720k for a tear down: What?
TXTransplant
77379 is a goldmine for awesomely bad listings. Lots of 5000-7000 sq ft houses going for $60-$80 a sq ft. The best ones are in the $300k-$400k price range.

These are two of my favorites...

Among this house's many desired features are a "social bath" and a "preacher's wet bar". I counted at least 8 different types of flooring (huge pet peeve; I like continuity).
http://www.har.com/search/dosearch?for_sale=1&=www&quicksearch=46847174&=0&=0&=&=

This one is awesome in part because it has a chandelier in the Porte coacher [sic].
http://www.har.com/search/dosearch?for_sale=1&quicksearch=70729744
p_bubel
Porte coacher

Jeeze, taking 30 seconds to Google that wouldn't be difficult. At least the listing isn't in all Caps.
Diggity
AG
I think after the second child, it might be time to dispense with the chilled Tuaca machine.
sanangeloAG
AG
quote:
I think after the second child, it might be time to dispense with the chilled Tuaca machine.
I'm guessing this was the dad's line in the sand moment. Probably counts that as his greatest victory of the year!
Diggity
AG
there's 3 things that will never leave this house. Texans fat heads, titty posters and chiliiilllled Tuaca!
AggieBQ03
AG
At least one smart kid in that house. Saw the Texas A&M #12 jersey on the wall.
p_bubel
Ugh. Working a sale, listed as a 3 bed, 3 bath. 1500 sf.

Agent included the 450 sf detached apartment in the overall GLA, bedroom and bathroom count. This isn't going to be pretty.
aggie appraiser
quote:
Ugh. Working a sale, listed as a 3 bed, 3 bath. 1500 sf.

Agent included the 450 sf detached apartment in the overall GLA, bedroom and bathroom count. This isn't going to be pretty.

I'm working on something even worse. 1,300 SF house with 1,300 SF game room above the detached garage and the realtor listed it as 2,600 SF.
p_bubel
Ouch.

This is basic stuff. Like 1 car versus 2 car driveway easy. It's routinely effed up.

My company is pushing some new Collateral Analytics program that works off the MLS information but in a large chunk of the city - in the lower income older neighborhoods generally, that data is so unreliable and confused I fear the data is useless on a large scale. At least not without some significant risk.

What's the point of moving to a program that requires constant verification of the basic info?

I'm probably reading too much into it right now. I have yet to dig into it thoroughly.
Ag03 CQE
AG
quote:
and this entire listing gets a WAT from me.

weird house

Anyone catch the framed A&M diploma on the floor next to the big speakers?

All right, whose house is this? Fess up!
Ag03 CQE
AG
quote:
I like the random plush giraffe on the couch considering his next chess move and the Stuart Smalley quote in the powder room!

The Stuart Smalley quote has letters grayed out to spell "you suck" only there's no C, so one of the Gs in doggone is grayed out instead.

YOU SUGK
Diggity
AG
ha...I didn't notice that. Even stranger.
OnlyForNow
AG
The two fridge house is probably kosher Jews or hallah Muslims. Gotta get meat and other stuff separate.

we saw a house that actually had converted one bay of the garage into a 2nd kitchen (stove, oven, and fridge with prep space) and when we asked that's what thy told us.

Was still a really nice house and the other part of the kitchen would easily be converted in a mud room or something. The sellers said they'd take everything out and take 5-10k off the price, if we wanted.
p_bubel
PLUS RUSH! URGENT!

We've had this report for 3 months but it's 4:20 on the afternoon of closing, please blur the photo of the small child on the dresser in the back of a photo.

RUSH!
p_bubel
Lovely 4/2/2 living areas.Stunning array of brilliance kitchen

Oye.
p_bubel

Square peg and a round hole.

I have no idea why this sucker is back in foreclosure for the second time in 6 years.
p_bubel
Oof. Nice backyard too.

quote:
STUNNIG VIEWS FROM THIS NEW WHITESTONE HOME

Stunning.
p_bubel
Builder sale, paid $295,561 in 2006, resold in 2008 for $201,000.

I'm not getting paid enough for this one.
First Page Last Page
Page 3 of 126

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.