Real Estate
Sponsored by

Barndominium Financing??

20,633 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Deats99
Agdiesel
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My wife and I just sold our house and are looking to buy roughly 11-15acres and build a barndominium as our main residence. Has anyone done this and can provide a good lender to do so? I have talked with Capital farm credit and they will offer a Portfolio loan but the interest rate would be 5.5-6%.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks
Waltonloads08
AG
you sold your house before having this plan?
rhtexfish
AG
What area are you looking at?
hbkyle
AG
First Financial Bank
Don't know where you are, but closest branch to CS is in Huntsville.
Agdiesel
AG
Walton,
It's not really a big deal as we have a place to live in the meantime. I have had the plan for sometime and if need be would just pay cash for the bandominium. Just looking to see if anyone out there has done the same thing and had a good lender

Tex,
We are in Waller/Hockley area.

Waltonloads08
AG
Oh, well thats a lot better then. It can take awhile from the financing to building, from what ive seen.
Agdiesel
AG
Yeah, I have built our last 2 houses on One time close construction loans but it seems banks do not like the word "Barn" when doing these. The main we reason we are looking to do something like this is to keep taxes down and it is only my wife and me so we don't need much space.
rhtexfish
AG
Email me at rhtexfish at gmail I may be able to help.
Southlake Ag
AG
I would go to either the local bank or a Prosperity Bank. They have good construction to permanent loan programs.
07&09Ag
We used prosperity when purchasing our Barndominium on 11.5 acres. I think our rate is right around 3%. We did have to put 20% down and finance on a 15 year note but other than that it was no different than financing a traditional house.

Not sure how much building the Barndominium vs it already being there will affect the process but I'd give your local prosperity a call
aggamedays13
AG
We have built 2 barndominiums and have gone with local financing both times.
rhtexfish
AG
OP I work at a local bank and we have done these
Agdiesel
AG
Thanks guys, appreciate all of the replies!

Tex, I will shoot you an email shortly to see what you can do.

Thanks again!
Deats99
AG
If you are still looking. One of my Jumbo lenders said they will do these if they make sense and comps are available. I would be happy to explore it further it further if you like.

Jeff Deats
jdeats@homebridge.com
214-601-8757

A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week.
-George S Patton
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.