Joni's second year.

5,195 Views | 32 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by czar_iv
CaptainBlack51
How long do you want to ignore this user?
You can see she is a great coach. Next year this team can be formidable.
Ag4eva95
Still going to need some more 4/5 action. I can see Kylie Marshall coming in and being a starter. KayKay is earning her starting role.

Hoping she either picks up a talented Juco/International/transfer player. Given the high fouling rate of Malone, we're going to need back up. Maliyah Johnson is still unproven.
SoTheySay
S
I'm so excited for next year. I think JT is a great coach. I've watched Kylie play with my niece for years. Will be fun to watch this team grow.
czar_iv
AG
Don't forget about Sole Williams …. Her highlights are super impressive!
"Can I Ask What Exactly Is An Aggie? Sure! An Aggie is quite simply the best thing anyone can strive to be!" - Sydney Colson
Bucketrunner
The Payback Tour!
aggiedrjdub
AG
I sure hope so.
Gig'em Aggies! c/o '98 W H O O P!
WBBALLFAN84
I agree that Coach is going to have to pick up several BIGS in the portal that conform to the way she wants to play, Coach's class of 23 look great on film in their high school years, heck the entire team did. The transition to college bball is a quantum leap. You may not be asked to play the same role and definitely not have the same freedom you had in hs, which can pose comfortability issues. It's going to come down to personnel fit and style of play. My guess is she is going to try to implement her push tempo brand of bball if she gets the post players that can handle that style. In year 2, I am looking for better familiarity with the offense and defense, players well versed and comfortable with the roles they play and more aggressive ball play. I can go on all day, but I wont. I will support this staff and players until I see a reason not to.
aggiedrjdub
AG
If Kim Mulkey wins a national championship this year I might vomit.
BQ_90
AG
aggiedrjdub said:

They looked very good against Tenn last night. I still think SC is the best team in the country
agswin1988
AG
there is a girl that just transferred in to Katy Taylor basketball team that is supposedly close to 6 feet 6. she is having to wait for some kind of 15 day transfer rule before she can play. I might actually go watch next week when they play Katy because Katy is something like 27-1 and Taylor is like 19-14.

I wanna see if this girl is legit and if so how much of a difference she makes against top tier teams.
giggitygigem
What class is she in?
OldAg68
AG
aggiedrjdub said:

I'm with you on that, and my wife as well.
trackaggie76
AG
I dread dealing with her antics on Sunday!
greg.w.h
AG
trackaggie76 said:

I dread dealing with her antics on Sunday!
I dread losing to her because she's a very good coach.
aggiedrjdub
AG
Bigs - we have Jada and I'm assuming Roby will be returning? I can't imagine another big would come in and immediately outplay Jada with how she's learning the offense and how productive she is as a sophomore. I think we need a floor general. Alexis Morris looks absolutely fantastic this year; losing her was a huge let down. Talent is great, but experience trumps talent as we've seen in the SEC. Unbelievably, Barker plays much older than her years. She's a little reckless with fouls at times, but she plays with poise and passion and experience. Patty plays that way bc she's a senior. Jada is beginning to play that way. The guards are literally hit or miss. I LOVE the upside to Hylton. KayKay has surprised me this year, but she seems to get flustered in full court presses. Both turn the ball over entirely too much IMO. Bowles needs to become a lethal 3 point shooter and learn to drive a bit more. Just my observations, and they may be entirely off base.
greg.w.h
AG
Our handle in traffic is very poor. But no one's is great since they can't visualize who they can't see. KayKay is pretty much all we got at the one for now. Janiah can create bringing the ball up but she really needs to share touches with a big preferably like a triangle with a big that can take low post touch but occasional high post.

A true wing in that triangle that can also handle the ball would be perfect.

We just need more talent as well as miles on the odometer for the team together.
Bucketrunner
It will be interesting to see what rude statements she will make. Is she still hung up about sleeping with Aggies?
greg.w.h
AG
Bucketrunner said:

It will be interesting to see what rude statements she will make. Is she still hung up about sleeping with Aggies?
Hope so!! But her lover is retired!!!
Bucketrunner
Don't think she was referring to him.
greg.w.h
AG
Bucketrunner said:

Don't think she was referring to him.
But in 2011 he made her hate him!!!
agswin1988
AG
she will be a senior next year from what I understand. her family or some of them just moved from California. apparently has a pretty tall junior high brother as well
Artimus Gordon
Joni needs to start her best players now! Barker, Patty, Sahara, kay kay & Hilton. This team cannot afford to get down by double digits in the 1st quarter and still not close the gap at halftime. This team is capable of winning some games but not with the lineup she has put on the the floor in the recent past.
BQ_90
AG
Artimus Gordon said:

Joni needs to start her best players now! Barker, Patty, Sahara, kay kay & Hilton. This team cannot afford to get down by double digits in the 1st quarter and still not close the gap at halftime. This team is capable of winning some games but not with the lineup she has put on the the floor in the recent past.
well 2 of those players are coming back from injuries and Barker now has should brace or padding on.

So you do you start them and then they wear out by 4th quarter or do you hold them out.

pick your poison
aggiedrjdub
AG
Whatever the lineups were for quarters 2, 3, and 4 is what we need to see moving forward. It was a great mix up of talent, I think. I do think Tineya needs to be starting. We cannot lose Barker at the end of games due to fouls. But, I see what you're saying...we get so far behind after the first quarter, we just do not have the fire power to claw our way back against good teams.
Artimus Gordon
She will have the former starters plus Mya to substitute with! We lost 9 games already mixing up the lineup may just pay dividends!
fieldtrailer
AG
I thigh she'll resign. Something going on. I could get them to score 9 pts a qtr.
Artimus Gordon
She needs to fire all her assistants and put together a competent staff. Last nights game showed that there is nothing beneficial going on in practice.
aggiedrjdub
AG

This is our coach
Gig'em Aggies! c/o '98 W H O O P!
giggitygigem
Another 1 game overreaction
giggitygigem
Reel it in fellas reel it in.
greg.w.h
AG
giggitygigem said:

Another 1 game overreaction
While I think the thought being expressed is exaggerated, there is a surprising downward deflection in intensity that caused a similar thought. But I quickly discarded it as unlikely.
Rudybryan
aggiedrjdub said:

I will
Rudybryan
czar_iv
AG
Rudybryan said:

aggiedrjdub said:

I will
Mulkey is super weird, but she is a great coach regardless if we like it or not.
"Can I Ask What Exactly Is An Aggie? Sure! An Aggie is quite simply the best thing anyone can strive to be!" - Sydney Colson
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.