BTHO Ole Miss

2,904 Views | 54 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Ag4eva95
greg.w.h
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We understand and appreciate what might be called blue-collar basketball: defense and going to the floor for 50-50 balls first followed by good half-court offense but we also appreciate transition offense off that defense and scrambling for loose balls.

Rebounding is a critical part of 50-50 ball recovery. We have done it well and our guards and bigs use active hands to secure rebounds and disrupt passing. It's our identity as a school.
greg.w.h
AG
I liked our effort. I especially liked when we worked from behind by shutting down their offense and chipping away. I won't say we were tired, but they played a very good game and kept us moving the whole game.

I still think this playing time is foundational to our future. And we will get better even in this limited rotation. Especially looking for Mya to develop. She had very large eyes tracking everything today. Want her to sense the game slowing down for her as she gets more experience. She's a gem and wants to contribute so badly. You can see it!!
Houstonag
AG
Even more than that. Is there not a medical year? Is a red shirt year used as a medical year? Covid gave everybody an extra year resulting in some playing six years.
giggitygigem
COVID year is for players who played to 20-21 season
Rudybryan
Houstonag said:

Even more than that. Is there not a medical year? Is a red shirt year used as a medical year? Covid gave everybody an extra year resulting in some playing six years.
none of our players on team now
giggitygigem
We just held them 7 rebounds below their average, held their leading rebounder(2nd in the SEC) under her average. While only having 2 players over 6ft. It's very hard to box out, because they're boxing out too.
aggiedrjdub
AG
We lack discipline, patience, and to some extent, athleticism. OleMiss doesn't have athletes fundamentally better than ours. They just street ball better than we do. Just have more seniority. More moxy.

I think the bench is active and supportive as cheerleaders. I love how emotionally involved they get with the game. My worry through rebuilding years like this is recruiting. Selling "come build something special with us" vs "come win championships with us" is awfully hard to overcome for the blue chippers. We are lucky we have Barker. Maybe she can bring more in, but it's still a worry I have.

I wish our motto was no excuses, to be honest. I'm tired of hearing about how young we are and how depleted we are. At the end of the day, it's the results that matter. I think we will see progress, but we very well may not win a single conference game this season. This rebuild is going to be extremely tough for us to watch. Looks like BAYLOR is better than I thought they'd be after losing Kim.

I pray these freshmen are here for the long haul. So much talent.
giggitygigem
They do have athletes that are fundamentally better than ours did you watch the game? Have you watched them in any other game? They're going to be a top half team in our league this season, they have just as many MCDAAs on their roster as we do only theirs started her 69th game today. Everybody we play is going to have more players but we'll play games against teams worse than Ole Miss. (Vandy, UGA, Auburn, Mizzou, Kentucky) ?You guys just go into games having no idea who we're actually up against. Teams just don't walk into games 14-2 by luck. Not to mention they beat Team on the road (MSU) that pushed SC to the edge today at home…… Do your homework.
aggiedrjdub
AG
giggitygigem said:

They do have athletes that are fundamentally better than ours did you watch the game? Have you watched them in any other game? They're going to be a top half team in our league this season, they have just as many MCDAAs on their roster as we do only theirs started her 69th game today. Everybody we play is going to have more players but we'll play games against teams worse than Ole Miss. (Vandy, UGA, Auburn, Mizzou, Kentucky) ?You guys just go into games having no idea who we're actually up against. Teams just don't walk into games 14-2 by luck. Not to mention they beat Team on the road (MSU) that pushed SC to the edge today at home…… Do your homework.
Yes - I watched the game from beginning to end. Calm down giggity - lol - if you think OleMiss is a top 25 program, then good on you. I do not. I think they are sloppy and play street ball. Please don't generalize everyone in this forum that disagrees with you as "you guys" as if we don't know just as much or do just as much research on our opponents as you. Forgive us all if our expectations for success are a bit different than your own. Like I said previously, I'm tired of the excuses and so are many others. Just freaking play ball and do it well and stfu with the excuses.
AggieSports
AG
aggiedrjdub said:

giggitygigem said:

Yes - I watched the game from beginning to end. Calm down giggity - lol - if you think OleMiss is a top 25 program, then good on you. I do not. I think they are sloppy and play street ball. Please don't generalize everyone in this forum that disagrees with you as "you guys" as if we don't know just as much or do just as much research on our opponents as you. Forgive us all if our expectations for success are a bit different than your own. Like I said previously, I'm tired of the excuses and so are many others. Just freaking play ball and do it well and stfu with the excuses.

Who is giving excuses? I haven't heard Coach Taylor or any player make excuses. They're in a less than ideal situation but I see a team and coaching staff fighting every minute of every game to win. Not sure who you're alluding to.
Ag4eva95
Look at their schedule… the only 2 good teams they played they lost to. And they were borderline top 25 teams. Their wins(for the most part) are to teams ranked 150 and lower. So in reality, they are still unproven. No good wins, no bad losses. Do your homework
aggiedrjdub
AG
You are correct. I'm just saying that I don't care what our short-comings are. Just play. Get better. The end. We all knew this season would be rough. I hoped for some wins. Still hoping for some.
Ag4eva95
I think if we can get to double digit wins on the season, it would be considered a success at this point. If we got Barker back, I feel like we could have won a few more by now. Her presences hurts.
AggieSports
AG
aggiedrjdub said:

You are correct. I'm just saying that I don't care what our short-comings are. Just play. Get better. The end. We all knew this season would be rough. I hoped for some wins. Still hoping for some.

Gotcha! I think we will surprise a team or two in conference play! These women deserve that. Giving it their all!
aggiedrjdub
AG
cbmik95 said:

I think if we can get to double digit wins on the season, it would be considered a success at this point. If we got Barker back, I feel like we could have won a few more by now. Her presences hurts.
I hope so, too. If we could get 2 conference wins I would consider that a success.
fitzwatema
AG
I am encouraged with the hard work this team is doing and the bench; including injured players, being so encouraging to those on the court. A couple of wins in conference play would be huge, and I am certainly hopeful they will come. I have not heard Coach Taylor or any of the ladies make excuses, they understand they have a long road ahead of them. My hope is they continue to improve, they don't get discouraged, and that Coach Taylor can go out and find her another post player or two. Gig'em Aggies!
Bucketrunner
What I saw was the opposition working the press for a lot of the game, purposely tiring our already short bench.

What I saw was a team of Aggies who did not quit. Those legs were tired. I can't tell you the number of times I saw their players elbow McKenzie in the chest - hard - and she took it again and again.

What I saw was a group of young women who believe in each other and like playing for this coaching staff.

I will be eternally grateful that that other coach went to Austin.

I think we, with patience, will reap some really big rewards year after next.
aggiedrjdub
AG
I guess I was referring more to "Becoming" turning into No Excuses or We can do Hard things (something I've heard her say). Idk. They do play with no excuses. I 100% agree, but we constantly hear we only have 7-8, we are super young, etc. We all know that. It's understood. We don't need to hear it over and over.

Onto the next! Gig'em!
giggitygigem
They have a quad 1 win. That's committee constitutes that as a good win, but it seems we think only the top 25 teams are good teams?
Ag4eva95
Oh you're right, I guess that constitutes a reasonable loss. Lol I guess the committee believes this is a very good ole miss team.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.