BTHOlsu

3,849 Views | 47 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by WBBALLFAN84
AggieSports
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
A big positive, we held lsu almost 20 pts below their average. Our team fought hard to the bitter end. We were totally overmatched but I never saw our players hang their heads. These young women are giving it their all. What more can you ask of them? It was nice to see Bowles hitting some shots at the end. Would sure help if we can get her to consistently do that. Any word on the status of Barker?
greg.w.h
AG
We have gamers. We just need everyone healthy and getting playing time together. It's a shame we had such critical personnel out this season. Appreciate the hard work and experience the women taking the court are giving and getting. I'm sure Coach Taylor and staff are capitalizing on this in spite of how it feels to the fans.
WBBALLFAN84
I agree, it definitely looks bad and feels bad for the girls now. The experience the younger ones are getting will result in dividends later on this season into next. It will be interesting to see how she handles any transfer portal additions to help this team with post experience. I wouldn't be surprised if she pulled a grad PG out of the portal to assist also.
giggitygigem
We just played the #1 and #2 ranked team in the NET in 3 games, down our leading scorer and leading assister. with 8 and 7 players. Those games were ugly. Here's the good news. We get LSU in Reed exactly a month from today and Tennessee exactly a week from today, other than that, we we play lesser competition the rest of the way. The youngsters will the mature, the chemistry will build, and we'll get some players back. We'll lose some of those games for sure, but we'll win some too. That first road win will be huge for this team, our next road game is in Tuscaloosa on January 19th.
AggieSports
AG
giggitygigem said:

We just played the #1 and #2 ranked team in the NET in 3 games, down our leading scorer and leading assister. with 8 and 7 players. Those games were ugly. Here's the good news. We get LSU in Reed exactly a month from today and Tennessee exactly a week from today, other than that, we we play lesser competition the rest of the way. The youngsters will the mature, the chemistry will build, and we'll get some players back. We'll lose some of those games for sure, but we'll win some too. That first road win will be huge for this team, our next road game is in Tuscaloosa on January 19th.

All great points. Plus, Barker was also our leading rebounder when she went out. The experience we're gaining will be invaluable down the road. Our team went toe to toe with one of the best teams in the nation. LSU should go very deep in the tournament. I didn't see us flinch, back down, or show frustration like we might have earlier in the season. Is it fun to lose? Of course not but what I saw tonight was a team who is gaining maturity. In spite of our lack of offense, I could see a toughness and relentlessness that wasn't there in earlier games. Even though we are very short-handed right now, Coach Taylor is building a culture, a mindset that we will work our tails off for 40 minutes regardless of the score. There is a togetherness, a warrior mentality that I'm seeing and liking. An example is Kay Kay Green. She is playing with so much more confidence than at the beginning of the season. While fans tend to want to focus on wins and losses, this probably isn't the season for that. It's about building a solid foundation for what this program is to be. Joni is doing it the right way. As we're able to add talented players in future seasons, I believe we're going to see something really special. I'm excited for where our program is headed!
boxcar
AG
Well said! They are so outmatched across the board but fight hard-now with little rest. Bowles came alive at the end and this should give her confidence. On top of all the mismatch's we couldn't buy a bucket - had many good looks. Joni has hard work to keep the girls going - gonna be a long season but suspect she knew this going in…oh, & not to mention Mulkey going to a full court press in the 2nd half when up by 30!
trackaggie76
AG
That is Mulk for you!
OldAg68
AG
Joni is a class act - especially when compared to Mulkey. I can't forget her disrespect for Gary Blair when we announced that we were moving to the SEC.

Joni has us headed in the right direction.
greg.w.h
AG
trackaggie76 said:

That is Mulk for you!
it's fun watching Texas, Oklahoma, and Kim all agree Texas A&M's move to the SEC was the right strategy…
aggiedrjdub
AG
Dawn was 10-18 and 2-11 in conference play her first year; 14-15 and 7-9 in conference play in year 2; year 3 she was 18-15 and 8-8 in conference play. She finished 11th, 7th, and then 5th; 4th the two years following. It's been nothing but 1s and 2s since. It took her 5 years to develop into a powerhouse. I pray we can be patient for coach Taylor. It's so easy to get frustrated (I'm probably the worst), but this is just a reminder that instant success isn't always attainable. Kim seems to be an outlier at LSU.
Bucketrunner
Mulk may be a good coach, but she remains a trash human being. It's in her DNA. She is the perfect person to be the face of the LSU program.

Did anyone else notice her assistants trying to get her to pull her starters and show some sportsmanship last night, and her shaking her head "no?" I thought Starkey had some integrity. I was wrong.
giggitygigem
...and I can assure you the girls won't forget that press.
WBBALLFAN84
I agree its easy to get frustrated. Mulkey is the outlier because her 1st year there she got the 2 top leading scorers (Pointer and Aifuwa) to return and got at least 3 great transfers (Gusters, Newby and Morris). 4 out the 5 were her top scorers and rebounders. We already know the transfers she got this year along with a good 2022 recruiting class and the #1 2023 recruiting class. She knows how to build a team. Coach Taylor, you're up!! We must continue to recruit at a high level.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.