Something new but don't know what it is

1,619 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Artimus Gordon
Rudybryan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Texas A&M Women's Basketball Facebook post

Beyond Basketball begins October 12! Come and join a community that comes together to recharge, network, and serve
8 AM
October 12
Reed Arena

CEAg78
AG
It would be good to explain more if they want me to shell out $125.
Somebody has to lose. Might as well be t.u.
Gap
AG
Here ya go.

Quote:

Taylor Announces Beyond Basketball Organization

Texas A&M women's basketball head coach Joni Taylor announced the Beyond Basketball organization designed to provide community and networking opportunities for women in the Brazos Valley on Tuesday.

"Beyond Basketball is an organization that for the past seven years has provided a space for women in the community to learn, get inspired and has provided us with a sense of purpose," Taylor said. "I am excited to bring this special program to the Bryan-College Station area. There are so many amazing women leaders in our community. Beyond Basketball is a space where we can come together, recharge our batteries, network and serve."

Beyond Basketball's mission is to educate, support and connect women of all ages and ethnicities by creating exceptional experiences that lead members to flourish in their respective professions, communities and overall lives.

The organization aims to provide community and networking to empowered women who strive to develop one another professionally through mentoring relationships.

Each Beyond Basketball meeting will take place on the second Wednesday of each month, beginning on October 12th with the last meeting on May 10th. Each meeting will feature a guest speaker and will be at 8 a.m., on the third floor of Reed Arena.

A yearly membership cost $125 which includes breakfast, a VIP card, a Beyond Basketball shirt and more. The cost for a single meeting is $25. For information to RSVP, contact executive director of external operations, marketing and strategic relations Angela Jones at ajones@athletics.tamu.edu.

Taylor began the initiative in 2015 when she was appointed as the head coach of the women's basketball program at Georgia.
https://12thman.com/news/2022/9/13/womens-basketball-taylor-announces-beyond-basketball-organization.aspx
Rudybryan
Thanks GAP

trackaggie76
AG
I'm still curious if there will be any outreach for season ticket holders?
greg.w.h
AG
It looks designed to reach BCS women with hopes for spillover back to the fan base but doesn't appear specifically designed to build fan support. I'm sure they believe it will expand her portfolio on outreach like Gary's golf tournament and athlete events at schools. I suspect that kind of service-oriented outreach appeals especially to moms, but hope it gets broad community support. The price for a first-time event in BCS is a little surprising though not unreasonable. Positioning her as a new community celeb so to speak.

I won't be joining since it appears to exclude men.
Artimus Gordon
First time ever we have gotten season tickets to A&M womens basketball! Looking for big things from Joanie and the team this year.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.