2023 COMMIT ALERT

7,522 Views | 50 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Ag4eva95
giggitygigem
How long do you want to ignore this user?
2023 4 PG Erica Moon out of Georgia has commited to be as Aggie. Most recently played with Janiah Barker and Sydney Bowles last summer for Essence Girls Basketball. She has floor general written all over her, is a menace on defense, and has a motor that reminds me a bit of Que Morrison who was the PG for UGA last year. https://www.instagram.com/p/ChF593GONLI/?igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY=
giggitygigem
Some highlights for you.

taylorswift13
AG
BOOM! Let's get this next class rolling!
Bucketrunner
Wonderful! Looks like a great addition to the family.
giggitygigem
Agreed, but we need that first recruit from in state to really get the ball rolling. Like coach Taylor said, this is a relationships game.
aggiedrjdub
AG
Holy shizbomb this is amazing!!
Gig'em Aggies! c/o '98 W H O O P!
taylorswift13
AG
Sammie Wagner could be a possiblity!! If that's who you're referring too! She just started following our new commit on Instagram as well as Sydney Bowles!!! I live 15-20 minutes from Reagan, might need to go cheer her on in some A&M gear
Anchorhold
Let her know we love multi-sport Aggie athlete families!
fitzwatema
AG
Nice pick up!
taylorswift13
AG
Number 18 player in the country Kylie Marshall point guard out of Lake Ridge lists us in her top 4

aggiedrjdub
AG
I saw another girl post her top 5 and we are in it. I can't remember who it was and can't find it on Twitter now, but the entire team was posting on her tweet or Instagram announcement.
greg.w.h
AG
aggiedrjdub said:

I saw another girl post her top 5 and we are in it. I can't remember who it was and can't find it on Twitter now, but the entire team was posting on her tweet or Instagram announcement.

it's helpful to remember current team members are largely free to participate in recruiting incoming commitments and helping integrate them into the team. We have seen that especially in football where early commits help connect later recruits into a visible cohort and hold it together.
taylorswift13
AG
The number 23 and 89 player in the nation on a visit to Texas A&M. Guards Sammie Wagner was on campus along with Loghan Johnson. It's so huge to get Wagner on campus!

taylorswift13
AG
Also love how even though Wagner decommited from tu over a month ago, ESPN still has her listed as a tu commit
Anchorhold
taylorswift13 said:

It's so huge to get Wagner on campus!

It's a shame she had to swim while she was in Aggieland.
taylorswift13
AG
The 56th player in the country Laci Steele, will make her decision tonight!
aggiedrjdub
AG
Do we have a shot with her? I haven't heard much. Did she even take an official visit to campus?
Gap
AG
Laci Steele did visit us back in June it appears.

Her final 5:

Ag4eva95
Looks like people are predicting her to commit to TAMU, would be great for momentum.
Anchorhold
Would be great for her to flip from NC State. Oh well.
Gap
AG
I did vote for A&M in a poll of where she would go posted here, but I believe NC State is the most expected landing spot for Steele.

We will find out soon.
Anchorhold
She picked State.
taylorswift13
AG
Give me Sammie Wagner and Kylie Marshall, better guards and in state!!!!
taylorswift13
AG
I know we have Janiah Barker to control the paint defensively, but I've always wished we had a 6'5+ monster center to control the boards defensively and offensively! It seems we always struggle with height!!!
Ag4eva95
Damnit
giggitygigem
I think Marshall is going to Arizona
giggitygigem

but we find out Wednesday
taylorswift13
taylorswift13
AG
Then we better land Wagner
Aceswimmer09
Will we get more recruits?
giggitygigem
The 23' class is mostly locked up, especially with impact players. It's hard to land big names in your very first cycle. We don't really need any more small guards, we need a big wing and a center or we're going to be size deficient going into next year. Portal going crazy
greg.w.h
AG
giggitygigem said:

The 23' class is mostly locked up, especially with impact players. It's hard to land big names in your very first cycle. We don't really need any more small guards, we need a big wing and a center or we're going to be size deficient going into next year. Portal going crazy
Both Buzz and Joni seem to conceive of "position-less" basketball as meaning all players can handle offensive and defensive responsibilities and it has led with Buzz's team to what I think of as a "guard-fluid" rotation that others might view even as guard heavy.

I definitely think we need to be able to shift between small and big lineups especially during games, but I think in her first two years Joni very much wants a fluid on-floor game and will use guards to establish that fluidity. If we end up in constant iso looks I was wrong…
aggiedrjdub
AG

Cryptic. Anyone left on the table?
giggitygigem
5'8"Loghan Johnson(G)(89) 6'1"Sammie Wagner(G/W)(23) and 5'11"Kylie Marshall(G/W)(18). Kylie commits tomorrow so maybe it's her which would be amazing not only next year but also moving forward as the grassroots organization she plays with has a lot of 25' & 26' players who are looking supremely talented(some of which we've offered). Sammie would be great as a knockdown shooter with size. Loghan Johnson projects as a floor general w/ great defense(commitment date 10/17). Remember rankings don't matter as much as fit.

Coach Taylor will do this when she has a commitment incoming. She had a similar practice at UGA, often tweeting ode's to Gladys Knight - Midnight Train to Georgia (Official Audio)
[url=https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwifoomm5dn6AhXUomoFHeNoAzAQyCl6BAgeEAM&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DA0F9lh8TiSM&usg=AOvVaw0fK-v5r9sG-WVSjdT0wkgb][/url]
giggitygigem
looking a lot like Tech from Johnson but we're in a good spot to land Wagner and or Marshall.

All quiet on the Wagner front.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.