Non-Conference Schedule

1,602 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Rudybryan
jneerman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Road games at Duke and Kansas!

2022-23 Women's Basketball Schedule - Texas A&M Athletics - 12thMan.com

BQ_90
AG
interesting that we kept LR on the schedule, I thought that was a Blair connection, but it might be a contract we have to fulfill.

I guess we get Duke at Reed next year?

Pretty boring home schedule, guess they just don't care about attendance in Nov-Dec for WBB or MBB
greg.w.h
AG
Agreed. But first years are for installing philosophy, offense, and defense as well as new strength and conditioning approaches. If you're Jim Schlossnagle you only barely need one first year to win an NC!!!
BQ92
AG
Wow this isn't going to help our RPI. no room for slip up's
BQ92
AG
I don't see any of these that would qualify for the elementary invasion game. I sure hope they don't convert one of the SEC ones.
Rudybryan
what happened to the Texas game?
Gap
AG
Rudybryan said:

Two year series. We won in Austin two years ago. They won in CS last year. That is it for the series for now.
giggitygigem
Two tournament teams in Kansas and Dayton, Rice was a young .500 team last year that returns everyone except their two lowest scorers. If we could steal a win @ Duke early in the season, it could pay dividend. They've experienced a recent influx of talent, in recruiting and the transfer portal, and a healthy Celeste Taylor could make them a formidable opponent in an ACC that's pretty much wide open. I know it doesn't look great on paper but in February it could look a little bit better. I'm being a huge optimist of course but when you only have 4 months to put the schedule together this is pretty good. We would've gotten better matchups in Vegas if we weren't so bad last year as well and that's not this coaching staff's fault.
greg.w.h
AG
Once the schedule is out, you play it and move forward. We know what our scheduling trends are and the use of early Reed home games to get them fluid and frankly to maximize revenue and minimize travel. It's very difficult for the typical fan to really get a feeling for how effective that is and easy to focus on the strengths (and weaknesses) of the schedule without taking that in as part of the bigger picture.

Now: don't get me wrong…it's perfectly fine to talk about it. And even to lobby Joni and Ross on it. As a reminder, his Twitter handle is @RossBjorkAD (tag with #AskRoss questions) or pose this url:

https://12thman.com/sb_output.aspx?form=64

He has had roughly monthly Town Halls during the academic year with at least a couple of others during the non-academic year. The subjects of the Town Halls rely heavily on the questions that are posed to him.

As fans we need to exercise these communication channels and not just focus on what I think of as griping in private. In the past it has been much harder to solicit meaningful feedback. But Ross views at least part of his job to facilitate communication not only with the sports reporting media but specifically with the Aggie fan general and 12th Man/Aggie Network public.

We have had a fair share of comments about this part of his role and some have been pretty snarky on TexAgs in the forums. But I have very much enjoyed listening in on the Town Halls as he, Andrew Monaco, and Will Johnson seek to humanize the athletic department "machinery."
West Point Aggie
AG
Rudybryan said:

Set aside for 2025
Rudybryan
West Point Aggie said:

Rudybryan said:

Set aside for 2025
LMAO
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.