How good will we be?

2,507 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by aggiedrjdub
AggieShanks
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I've only been following the team for the last two years, but with the Georgia influx of coaching and recruits along with the current ladies that we have here, how good are we projected to be?
greg.w.h
AG
We will be very good. We could be great. Lots of talent and the coach just won an gold with the the U18 US women's team in the Americas Championship in Buenos Aires this June. The sky's the limit. Ok…in basketball gravity really is the limiting factor….though dribbles and shots depend on it…
Ag4eva95
There is potential to be a Sweet 16 team, maybe elite 8. There is a lot of coaching to do. Depth down low scares me a bit, but should be solid 1-4. We lack a bit of athleticism outside of this freshmen class coming in
Gap
AG
Are we really expecting to be that good? I thought we would be kind of a rebuild after last year's 4-12 SEC record and losing Kayla and Destiny and Hoppie. I know we have some very nice freshman coming in but aren't we at the beginning of a rebuild more than straight to "very good" and top quarter of the SEC and potential Elite 8 team? Those expectations seems way too favorable to me.
AggieShanks
AG
Man! That's good news. I enjoyed the women's games last year, so, it'd be nice to push for them with some highlight players!
Ag4eva95
I think there is "potential" to be that good. Low floor and high ceiling. We have some decent pieces.
cs69ag
AG
We will likely be better on Defense! Maybe we will have a coach that can develop
a 5 position player on offense.
Rudybryan
cs69ag said:

We will likely be better on Defense! Maybe we will have a coach that can develop
a 5 position player on offense.
"ouch"
Bucketrunner
He speaks the truth.
giggitygigem
I think top quarter of the SEC expectations are a bit presumptuous. I'd be more than satisfied finishing in the top half of the SEC. The conference is seeming pretty deep this year. SC and Tenn at the top then everything is really a mystery. There was so much player movement and coach movement that I don't really know what's going to happen. We've got experience in the post but nowhere else so the inexperience on the outside will cost us some games for sure. I'd be trying to get to .500.
aggiedrjdub
AG
I think this style of basketball will be knew for us all to watch. I'm excited about it, and hope to one day be contending for conference and ncaa titles year in and out. Gig'em!
greg.w.h
AG
aggiedrjdub said:

I think this style of basketball will be knew for us all to watch. I'm excited about it, and hope to one day be contending for conference and ncaa titles year in and out. Gig'em!
Would be interesting to scout Joni's approach by watching previous years' Georgia games. Not sure where to find those, though, since ESPN only keeps in-demand replays for a short period of time.
cs69ag
AG
Her approach is more of a position less play on O without a lot of set plays..
The players won't have to be listening for instructions as they get the ball and take it up court.
The plan will be decided before the game. Players will be more free to use their athletic ability
and talent to make plays. Will fast break when the opportunity is there.

The D will be in your shirt like we used to play...very tough and hard nosed.

My comments are based on watching her Dawgs beat us 2 of the last 3x we played.
aggiedrjdub
AG
https://www.instagram.com/p/Cgj932oOtT0/?igshid=NDBlY2NjN2I=

Our coach is off to Australia it seems. Gig'em!!
Gig'em Aggies! c/o '98 W H O O P!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.