#1 Player in Class of 2023

5,897 Views | 31 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by fitzwatema
giggitygigem
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Mikaylah Williams, the #1 player in the Class of 2023, has Texas A&M in her Final 5.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CeWpPSrJPe5/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
taylorswift13
AG
Do your thing Joni… I can get used to this
fitzwatema
AG
That would be an awesome pick up!
greg.w.h
AG
I think having talent attracts talent. So that helps the head coach ratchet up the overall performance of rather much literally the whole team assuming good chemistry can be maintained or enforced.

Demonstrating we are a significant pipeline to professional opportunities is also extremely valuable.
giggitygigem
greg.w.h said:

I think having talent attracts talent. So that helps the head coach ratchet up the overall performance of rather much literally the whole team assuming good chemistry can be maintained or enforced.

Demonstrating we are a significant pipeline to professional opportunities is also extremely valuable.

1. If A&M is in her top 5 I would assume Joni & Co have been building a relationship with the young lady since their time at UGA.

2. Mikaylah Williams' hometown of Bossier City, LA is about the same distance from College Station as it is from Baton Rouge.

3. Joni's placement as the head coach of USA Basketball's U18 team is going to do numbers for recruiting as well
trackaggie76
AG
We already have a significant increase in talent from last year!
alamoaggie64
AG
Be nice win a recruit over BU and Mulkey at LSU.
mjschiller
AG
What position?
Marvin J. Schiller
Rudybryan
mjschiller said:

What position?
guard
giggitygigem
mjschiller said:

What position?

While she is listed as a guard, her skillset exists well outside the box that "guard" puts her in. Strong upper and lower body paired with her skill and footwork on the perimeter and in the post make it hard for me to allow her to simply be labeled as a guard, yet wing doesn't seem to do her Justice either. I'd go as far as to say she's just a basketball player.
Rudybryan
giggitygigem said:

mjschiller said:

What position?

While she is listed as a guard, her skillset exists well outside the box that "guard" puts her in. Strong upper and lower body paired with her skill and footwork on the perimeter and in the post make it hard for me to allow her to simply be labeled as a guard, yet wing doesn't seem to do her Justice either. I'd go as far as to say she's just a basketball player.

Since coach likes positionless basketball I would say shooting guard.......
HiddenAg2
Obviously this would be a huge get for Joni and would elevate us to a top program quickly with the talent already coming in this Fall. Her connection to USA basketball is a big deal.
giggitygigem
Hey, to each his own.
mjschiller
AG
Thanks, everyone. When will Ms Williams make her choice?
Marvin J. Schiller
giggitygigem
Not yet word on that front. With a top 5 this early she's probably eyeing the gap between summer ball and her senior season. If the college season has started without her commitment, who knows.
aggiedrjdub
AG
She looks college ready already! I noticed Janiah posted that she hopes she follows her to A&M, but that she supports her wherever she goes.
TrackFan
trackaggie76
AG
I just threw up in my mouth a little bit!
fitzwatema
AG
Ugh, hate to see her going to LSU and Kim.
Bucketrunner
I'm disappointed in Starkey coaching with her. I thought he had more integrity than that.
greg.w.h
AG
I wish we had hired Kim.
aggiedrjdub
AG
Bummer
Rudybryan
Bucketrunner said:

I'm disappointed in Starkey coaching with her. I thought he had more integrity than that.
I think it was coaching at LSU again that got Starkey's attention
giggitygigem
Geez can we play some basketball first?
Lake08
2nd best coach in WBB
greg.w.h
AG
giggitygigem said:

Geez can we play some basketball first?
I support the Taylor hire. But belittling the provably better coach based on resume doesn't make Texas A&M better. Even if she is an ass. Believe it or not, that is a solid basketball thought.
giggitygigem
You say you wish we had hired Mulkey, but she only left Baylor to go home, she wouldn't have left Waco just to come to College Station. Saying you wish you hired another coach, who would never coach for you, over YOUR coach, who left two young promising MCDAAs on the east coast because she believed in her ability to build a winner here in Aggieland, is belittling YOUR coach, while all you have to critique is her 7 seasons from a school that was indifferent towards the program and never gave her the resources necessary to succeed. I for one don't care about propping up the coach of that team a couple hours east, I'd rather do that to my coach, but that's just me, "solid basketball thought" or not.
Bucketrunner
He's a perennial smart mouth. Don't take him seriously.
greg.w.h
AG
Bucketrunner said:

He's a perennial smart mouth. Don't take him seriously.
Actually, I'm not. But I do insult those I think are being insulting.
greg.w.h
AG
giggitygigem said:

You say you wish we had hired Mulkey, but she only left Baylor to go home, she wouldn't have left Waco just to come to College Station. Saying you wish you hired another coach, who would never coach for you, over YOUR coach, who left two young promising MCDAAs on the east coast because she believed in her ability to build a winner here in Aggieland, is belittling YOUR coach, while all you have to critique is her 7 seasons from a school that was indifferent towards the program and never gave her the resources necessary to succeed. I for one don't care about propping up the coach of that team a couple hours east, I'd rather do that to my coach, but that's just me, "solid basketball thought" or not.
I reject your effort to color what I said and how I said it. Learn to read. Mulkey has the skins. She marches the criteria fans have been demanding like KBA. I guarantee KBA prefers a better resume though might have settled on this being a good enough hire.

I didn't say our coached sucked, btw. I said their coach is more accomplished.
aggiedrjdub
AG
fitzwatema
AG
Love to see the team putting in the work!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.