Jordan Jones

2,026 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by fitzwatema
Rudybryan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
aggieFann
Joining KBW
Great to see it! She helped Desoto High School win their second state championship this year,
alamoaggie64
AG
K B W??
Bucketrunner
Kelly Bond White
Rudybryan
CARBONDALE, Ill. Jordan Jones has joined the Southern Illinois University women's basketball coaching staff as the Director of Player Development, head coach Kelly Bond-White announced Wednesday.

"I am absolutely thrilled to announce the addition of Jordan Jones to our staff," Bond-White said. "Jordan is one of the most passionate, caring, and competitive individuals I have ever had the chance to coach. Those qualities made her a SEC champion. At five-foot-six no other player in SEC history dominated like she did on the defensive end of the floor, leading her to be named back-to-back SEC Defensive Player of the Year, and drafted by the WNBA's Chicago Sky. I needed that toughness and defensive tenacity as a part of our staff."

A native of DeSoto, Texas, Jones was a three-time SEC All-Defensive Team selection and a two-time SEC Defensive Player of the Year during her playing days at Texas A&M.

"It has always been a dream of mine to be afforded the opportunity to mold young women," Jones said. "I am grateful to God and Coach Bond for this amazing opportunity to be a part of this program."

Jones finished her storied career in College Station ranked third all-time in assists with 707 and was the first player since 1990 to lead the SEC in assists for three-straight seasons. She was also named a 2015 AP All-American Honorable Mention.

"I know first hand what playing for Coach Bond is like, and I am ready to hit the ground running," Jones said. "I'm excited to continue to build this program up and bring in more Salukis."

Jones was the 34th overall pick by the Chicago Sky in the 2016 WNBA Draft. She also spent time with the Atlanta Dream and St. Louis Surge, and played internationally in both Poland and Finland. Most recently, she was a part of a Texas state champion high school coaching staff.

"As another point guard joining the staff, Jordan's IQ for the game is second to none," Bond-White said. "She had a chance to fill various roles and really connect to players. Coming off a 6A UIL State Championship this past year at her alma mater DeSoto High School, I knew she was ready to make this jump."

Jones' talent on and off the court is reflected in her family. Both of her brothers, Matt and Mason, played collegiately at Power 5 schools, and both are currently playing professionally.

"The sister of an accomplished professional dancer and two NBA brothers, Jordan's best asset are her tremendous parents," said Bond-White. "They are a coach's dream. They created a spiritual foundation of success and loved on all of our young ladies. So I am thrilled to welcome them back to the fam. Our community will fall in love with them."

Jones also previous coached collegiately at Harris-Stowe State University in St. Louis, where she spent the 2018-19 season. Some of her duties at SIU will include handling summer individual workouts, scouting, fellowship programs, underclass recruiting and community outreach.
Bucketrunner
So happy for Jordan. Her parents are some of the nicest people I've ever been around.
fitzwatema
AG
Congratulations to Jordan, very happy for her!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.